We broke up the ride there by stopping at the Knoxville Zoo (4 hours into the trip). This was the first time being to the zoo with Aleeya old enough to care, so I couldn't stop snapping pictures of her.
THEN.....the kids napped the rest of the way until our tire blew out (20 miles out of Nashville) and Aleeya blew out of HER
diaper. (I think I would've preferred to change the tire). My camera battery died but I did manage to get a picture of Emerson with Austin (our second cousin). I even got to visit with my friend Winter, go to a wedding (well sort of), and hang out with family. On the way back we stopped in Johnson City to visit with old friends. We got back Sunday night. Crazy trip, but worth it. The kids were C-H-A-M-P-S in the car. Especially considering I didn't bring Aleeya a DARN thing to play with. So she played with her blankie, fingers and toes the whole time when she wasn't sleeping and blowing out of another outfit.
1 comment:
Ahhhh the GLORY of road trips!!!! Sounds like it was worth all the EFFORT in the long run. Good for you!!!
Post a Comment