Sunday, April 5, 2009

April Fool's!!!!

So silly me thought I was soooooo cool and funny in putting "Urinary Discomfort" medicine in some cookies for two of my friends.....to make their pee turn neon yellow/orange/possibly red depending on how much I put in. But I DIDN'T want to kill their kids so I don't think I put too much. I felt like scum (sneaky scum, that is) when my friend Rachel called up to thank me for the yummy cookies. Tee-hee, I thought. UNTIL Nikki called and left a message the next morning saying, I called Rachel up this morning to hang out and she couldn't because her boy Matthew was up ALLLLLL night puking and with diarrea on the pot after eating too many of my cookies. OOOOOH, did I feel horrible. I ran sooooo fast to the medicine label thinking if I missed something or didn't read the label right. It did mention not to eat it on an empty stomach, but that's all I could find. I grabbed the phone and called Rachel to grovel and postrate myself before her begging for forgiveness (wondering secretly if she'd take back all the yummy treats, bows and crafts she had given me before). She didn't pick up. I called her cell. Nothing. The kids were down for naps and all I could think about was my kids sleeping and her's not, and how I'm a horrible friend just to get a laugh. Rachel called me back. So the begging for forgiveness and offering my first (or second through fifth) born as repentence began. When I finally took a breathe she quietly said, "April Fools!"
She got me. Better then I got her. Arg.
But I did smile the rest of the day thinking of her dying laughing when she pee-ed neon yellow and knowing I got her. So there was SOME consolation I guess.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is hilarious!! Your friends got you sooo good...I was wondering if they would. I've always wanted to make treats that change the color of the pee of the person eating it. You did good, I'm sure. Your road trip sounded great also...besides a couple blowouts. :)

Babelicious said...

How funny!! They got you with your own joke! At least your trick worked well enough for them to want to retaliate.

Suzanne said...

Hey, I'm familiar with that medicine...Did you taste the cookies? Can you taste anything? I might try this...if it can go undetected.

The Ward's said...

Melissa,I have to say that I really wasn't taking sides it was just how it happened. I thought I had to do soemthing for April fools and I just happened to be on the sidelines for both of yours! Love YA!