Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Morning Rolls

These are fun and yummy rolls because they are "empty" inside just like Christ's tomb on Easter Sunday.

1 pkg. of frozen bread or roll dough (or use the dough from you fav. homemade rolls
6 T sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1 bag large marshmallows
1/4 c. butter, melted
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. Divide dough into individual roll-sized portions. Press each portion into a flat circle. Place 1 marshmallow in the center of each roll. Pinch roll dough very firmly around the marshmallows. Roll each into a seamless ball with your hands. Brush rolls with melted butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over rolls.
Cover rolls with plastic wrap and put in the fridge overnight.
On Sunday morning preheat oven to 350. Bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.

4 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Thanks for the recipe! My sister has made something like this before. I need to start making these with my kids. We don't have any Easter traditions except an Easter Egg hunt. (I'm not a fan of the Easter Bunny, though I don't mind the baskets and the candy because after all Easter is a pagan holiday.) Anyway, Lee and I need to get some religious traditions going and this is a good one!

Babelicious said...

Thanks for the recipe!! I noticed this last night and threw these together. Totally easy and fast!! The kids loved them. Perfect for 9 am church too. Thanks for the idea. Happy Easter

Babelicious said...

Oops--I forgot to ask--is that suppose to be 6T sugar instead of water? That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone else copied the recipe.

Stephanie said...

I make these every now and then because they taste like the best part of the cinnamon roll. We love them as treats. Love the name for them though.