Last year Iris wanted a big Cyclone for a Valentine's Day box for school. THIS year when she said she wanted to do a sheep I thought, PHEW! I gave her cottonballs, a gluegun and an oatmeal container and she came up with this.

We decided after she made it that it made a REALLY good Yeti Valentine box. So the yeti it became.
Every Thursday before a Friday varsity game Bronson's basketball team would have dinner together. I think all the other times it had been catered or a bunch of parents will go in on it. Brooks and I decided that we are used to feeding crowds and we have it covered.
We ALSO signed up on Valentine's Day on purpose. 1) it would be easier to remember that I signed up and 2) I could COVER the place with pink and hearts and hopefully make Bronson get a little embarrassed.
We fed them crepes, eggs, fruit, ham, cookies and all things breakfast. So many on the team kept asking Bronson beforehand what a crepe was. What made it funny is Bronson had no idea they were coming to our house until the day before when the coach spilled the beans. Darn,
Brooks had them all pick a dinner question that they had to answer and their answers were fun to hear. I think they had fun and we were glad to do it.
The other kids were VERY excited for them to leave though so they could go on a scavenger hunt for their Valentine's gifts from us. I didn't take pics of the poems OR everyone's gifts.....just the ones that wanted to show them off. ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment