Saturday, December 28, 2019

March Madness 2019

March Madness is the Smith boy tradition my husband and boys probably look forward to most. I always demand pictures and they did a pretty good job sending random ones from Utah.
They just love this tradition with their cousins and with Uncle Casey's declining health it was nice that Bronson was old enough to take the cousins to games occasionally.

The first day of games though apparently these boys finagled their way into getting front row seats.
And Emerson's goal of always getting on the Jumbotron remained firmly in place.
Don't ask me how they get to other seats but they do. I guess that's the disadvantage of the one blogging not actually being there and getting texts from males in five words or less.
Of course there was golfing. Hallie even joined the golf game one time while Casey stayed home to rest

Brooks' stories of making Casey laugh were my favorite. I think Brooks took it on as a personal goal to keep Casey laughing and watching his chest move in his chair. All the brothers with their dad.......this March Madness tradition of theirs together have gone through the decades now.

The second day of games involved Emerson's morph suit and texts about being sent to the security guard....but again not too many details. Probably a good thing right?
It's SUCH a boys trip thing to do to have the adults stay home and watch games and have the minors go to a game and end up in the company of a security officer. *face palm*

While the boys were in Utah, I drove down to Dallas to hang out with my sis-in-law since we were both husbandless and I'm SURE the first thing she wanted with a young new baby is 8 more people in her home. But really we HAD to meet baby Mae..... SHE may not approve of us however.
I so enjoyed snuggling this little angel.
And getting her to fall asleep in my arms like the good girl she is. (this was actually the picture I texted to Brooks to rub it in that I got to hold the baby)

Linsey and I made a solemn vow that we wouldn't do anything that required extra work. We would cook (actually combine is more like it) the simplest of meals, not get ready and not do any "hosting" type activities. Our one outing included going to the park and going to Sonic (kind of a must if you ask me)

Iris and Lucy just have the sweetest bond
As do Aleeya and Houston.
I never DID get a picture of Kellyn with Elle because they were mostly off playing together and every mom knows you don't CALL the kids to you to see if they are okay. You just assume it until you hear otherwise, right?

The kids colored a lot. Iris' pictures are my favorite though and DEFINITELY worth documenting.
(no lack of self-esteem here!)

Iris' picture of the twins

And her interpretation of Everly
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†

Our couch-full of 11 kids. 

Look at Wynn's face just adoring baby Mae
Iley kept demanding to hold her in a more hands on way.
Then there were Iris and Aleeya who were legitimately helpful. 
What a fun trip for the boys AND for us Girls (and RoyceπŸ˜€)

No comments: