Sunday, December 29, 2019

General Conference April 2019

Listening to our modern day prophets of Jesus Christ here on earth is ALWAYS something 
I look forward to. It just makes me want to climb into a box with a blanket and take notes!

Actually no, that's what Kellyn does. I enjoy some good warm fuzzy feelings from the Spirit while I get warm fuzzies snuggling someone cute like Wynn.
This was the first year Emerson was old enough and had the priesthood in order to go to Priesthood session with the menfolk AND out to eat. They went out to eat as Sumo's.
But really, so do the smiles above tell you "I'm happy to take a picture"? Or do they say, "Mom is making me take this." ? (Bronson/Camden) Emerson looks genuinely happy to be there and Brooks looks a tad constipated but man, I can't be picky right? I asked for a picture and I got one. #anattitudeofgratitude

Speaking of Emerson look how sweet he is reading to the twins. Little Wynnie-bear is still a thumb sucker.

In April I took the opportunity of taking some of the kids to a temple open house. For all of them it was their first time going to all the parts of a temple and seeing it. I was really looking forward to this experience. The drive to Memphis was about 3.5 hours so we used it as a fun weekend getaway. Aleeya and Iris had soccer and the twins would be 150% NO fun walking through a sacred building with so I left them all with Brooks.

On the way we stopped at Sonic for some cookie ice cream sandwiches and lucky Everly caught a green frog too outside the bathroom! #deathgrip
 (the frog was free, the cookie wasn't)

We made it to the hotel and we got one of those two bedroom rooms and all of us had some nice sleeping conditions except maybe these two who were thrilled to be sharing pillows on the floor together.
 Of course it had a pool. Everly didn't get any farther than that in the pool without her floatie. She's pretty resistant to the idea of learning to swim.
 It was a RAINY day but we made it. It was neat to go through the temple with the kids. I hope they felt what I did.
Then again, maybe they didn't. Because when Emerson found out they had to wear something called "booties" over his shoes he couldn't stop laughing. Oh and Kellyn and Everly forgot to pack white shirts so bright orange and cheetah under dresses it is!

Then we walked through the exhibit at the church and the girls wanted these pictures by pictures of the Savior.
 Kellyn wanted one alone. And although this image of the Savior isn't my favorite, the idea of Him drawn to children and they to Him has always been something that I have felt strongly about. The idea is beautiful and so true to me.

It was still pouring BUCKETS (like some of the hardest rain I've driven in) but on our way out of town we decided to stop at the Pyramid. Which is a huge Big Bass Pro shop with fun things to look at...... like these hum-dingers.
 The boys all wanted to go here so look at boats, weapons, camping stuff, fish, ducks and all things cool. Speaking of cool.....
Fun trip all around and actually a really easy trip with the six kids I took.

No comments: