I love Bronson's school. For those of you who don't know, it's a Magnet school that has an International emphasis. Bronson's classes are taught in Spanish. His 1st grade teacher is on a teaching visa from Chile. He DOES have English class/words taught from another teacher for a small part of his day. (It's supposed to be 70% pure Spanish during the day and 30% being in English.....that part including his "specials" like PE, music, art, library etc.) Anyway, this is one of those proud parenting moments when your child comes home with a perfect spelling test grade (he has a Spanish test and English test every Friday). So this isn't new, because 95% of the time he gets perfect scores, but I wanted to mention here what words he did this week:
1. centimetros
2. merengue
3. galon
4. hermano
5. hamburguesa
6. mariposa
7. blanco
8. despues
9. primero
10. rectangular
11. biblioteca
12. anaranjado
13. esfera
14. pulgadas
15. capacidad
16. zoologico
17. semillas
18. travesura
19. crisalida
20. arriba
Okay, okay so I may be missing the Spanish accents thrown in, but you get the idea. I even had to ask him what esfera and crisalida were. Great, now it starts.......the whole kid-knows-more-then-parents thing. I've already surrendered that though when it comes to animal knowledge!
All right, bragging done.
4 comments:
that is AWESOME.. i would love my kids to be fluent in a second language at such an early age.
That is great for Bronson!! Those are really long words too. Wow! I wish we had spanish classes for Samuel to keep up with his Spanish words. Get this whenever we talk Spanish he tells me you can't talk Spanish and he tells me to look at my skin and he will say you are not cafe' your blanco. So, only brown people can talk Spanish!! This kid cracks me up and I don't even know where he got that from!
These are impressive. Way to go, Bronson!
p.s. the snake is gross.
G R O S S, gross.
I love it, he could smoke my 7th grade Spanish language-learners any day. Good job!!
Post a Comment