Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Kevinator

I'm sure you can tell by the pictures how excited Emerson was about Kevin, the pinata (from "Up"). Infact, I couldn't keep him AWAY from him.
I even found him snuggled up next to him the day before the party. I was actually SHOCKED he made it to the party in one piece.
Look at the smug/content look that kid has on his face.
I'll post pictures later of the party and my parents' visit, but while I had a quick moment, I thought I would hurry and post a couple of the pinata that SOUNDED like a great idea but ended up taking a little more jimmy-rigging to make it turn out. (as in taping the neck to the wall so it could dry straight while attaching the head........I could go on and on of the tricks I had to pull in making this happen..........but none of that really mattered after I saw the look on his face when he first saw it!) Totally worth it all.

7 comments:

Jene and Megan said...

You did an awesome job!! It looks great! =)

Anonymous said...

You're such a great mom. I never would have the patience to do something like that. The Kevinator looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

does it just kill you to see them whack it to pieces???

Kat Clark said...

That is amazing! Wow! Just wow! I can't even comment on all of the other posts cause this one is just too rad. I hope your kids want home made pinatas until they are 18. Please post them all here too so I can enjoy them. :)

Niederfam said...

AMAZING......Mitt just walked in saw the picture and said, HEY that's the bird on Up!!!

Miguelybeli said...

You are awesome Melissa!!!I started the tradition with Samuel when he was 3. He loves it! I loved it when my mom did it for us. I can't wait to see what the boys would want this year.

Kim said...

Okay, Melissa. This is seriously impressive. Way to go!