HAPPY EASTER!!!!
The kids woke up to their Easter baskets and I asked Aleeya who gave it to her and she said, "WENDY!!!!!" The reason I tell you this is because Wendy gives her EVERYTHING. We went over to their house on Easter for lunch/Conference and Wendy gave her even more things.
Here is Aleeya showing off the socks Wendy made for her with beads that make sounds when she walks/jumps (she loves them) and also Wendy showing Aleeya where all the eggs are for the egg hunt.

The Terrys were there too. It was soooo fun. The boys played in the creek while we watched Aleeya follow Wendy around and ate. The kids were EXHAUSTED by the time we left.......
do you need proof? Here it is.

(Yep, that IS my baby girl covered in chocolate, happy and asleep on the car way home)

On Saturday while listening conference I freezer cooked...... for the whole month! Aleeya even helped out cutting the mushrooms. :) Don't you just love her Dora bandaids on her knees. That girl is ALWAYS falling down!
Here's the tally of what was finished:
- Chicken Carbonara x 3
- Mexican Chili x 2
- Chicken Tortilla soup
-BBQ meatballs
-Chicken Taco Bake
-Shepherd's Pie x 3 (divided into meat and veggie bags because the boys won't eat as much with the veggies mixed in)
- Upside Down Pizza x 3
-Palace Chicken x 3 (just the veggies cut up and ready)
- 2 bags cooked chicken
- cooked hamburger and sausage to throw into recipes
- 8 batches pureed strawberries to make jam when needed (we found strawberries for .99 a carton this week and got 19 cartons......that was Brooks' job, cutting up strawberries during Conference!)
- Bag of cut up strawberries for smoothies/strawberry lemonade
-Lemon chess bars individually wrapped
- 36 Saucy Mini Meatloaves (my kids LOVE them)
The only things I didn't get done that I wanted was to pre-make some deli sandwiches and PB&J sandwiches for when my parents come so we can just throw them in the lunch bag when we go to museums and the zoo this week!!!
And JUST TO SEE IF I COULD, I wanted to fit all those meals in my teeny side-by-side freezer (since many think you need a deep freezer to freezer cook) and IT FIT!!!! Of course there were already things in there, like the top shelf full of breakfast foods for Brooks in the morning, juices, cookie doughs, cheeses, etc. But I got it nice and packed! So I guess it IS do-able with out the deep freezer........but I'm just glad I don't have to!!!!!!
(and cleaning out the freezer gave me an added bonus finding that I had burritos, homemade spaghetti sauce and BBQ chicken that I had forgotten about! SWEET!)
I just couldn't help but think what a perfect weekend it was. While listening to General Conference (8 hours broken up over the weekend of listening to the church leaders, the 12 Apostles on the earth day and our Living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson) I was able to cook on Saturday, snuggle a sleeping Emerson on Sunday, share it with friends, and ponder on ways to better my life and my relationship with my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ............like I said, perfect.
5 comments:
can i please, please, pretty please have your chicken carbonara and palace chicken recipes? i'm loving your fully stocked freezer.. awesome. i hope to find some cheap strawberries around here soon! one more question.. do you make your mini meatloaves in a muffin tin?
What a fun weekend!
and
You. Are. Amazing!
Sounds like you had a great time with your family! I love hearing about all your kids, they're all so adorable. :)
I love the picture of the boys with their loot from the hunt! They look like it was so painful to take the picture!! Are those saucy mini meatloaves from My (Mel's) Kitchen Cafe? We love that recipe too.
this is incredible. I am going to have to try that.
Post a Comment