Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Surprise Guest

APPARENTLY is isn't so much of a surprise to anyone else, to Brooks and myself, this guest was indeed a surprise...........albeit a pleasant one.
(This is actually not a picture of MY baby. Anyone that knows me would know that I wouldn't have gone to the doctor yet! That would be silly.)

Even though it WAS a surprise we still got that excited feeling inside when we found out the news. I was so excited that after I took the test I ran into where my son was getting ready for school and said, "GUESS WHAT BRONSON! Mommy has a baby in her belly!!!!" The kids are soooo excited and think we can get a limo now (thanks to Daddy telling them)...but that's a WHOLE other post.

Famous 1st trimester quotes from the kiddos:

Bronson: "If the baby is only the size of a grape, how come your belly looks a LOT bigger?"
Camden: "How come you always go like this (makes a gagging sound) when you eat?"
Emerson: (while I was puking in the bathroom) "Quit being so noisy!"

He/She is due December 4th. Which makes me 11 weeks now. But we ALL know the grand appearance will probably come around mid-December as an early Christmas gift!
Thankfully, this last weekend, I STARTED feeling better. But I do have to share one quick story.
Smells were driving me nuts. I mean they were INTENSE and every room made me sick. So I told Brooks, " I know why Heavenly Father doesn't give us THIS much smell all the time, because he knew we couldn't ENJOY life!"
The next day, my nose was stuffed and I couldn't smell a thing. Heavenly Father was mindful enough of me to give me one day to recover before facing the smells again.
Okay, so this is little, but there have been quite a few little instances and prayers that have been answered for certain times that I didn't have a choice and I NEEDED a certain amount of energy or health. And for that allotted time, it was granted.
How INCREDIBLE to be on this journey with Him and to be a "co-creator" in bringing this new little one into our family.

I hope she/he knows what they're getting into...................

25 comments:

Jene and Megan said...

Congrats!! What a great Christmas gift!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Melissa! You are such an amazing mom! What a wonderful early Christmas present!!

Erin Davis said...

Wow! Congrats! What a wonderful surprise. :)

Anonymous said...

oh melissa! you are such an amazing woman!! i love that you could care less about society and it's view on large families and that you are SO confident in doing what Heavenly Father wants you to be doing. you are the BEST mother and person and such a hero and role model in my eyes. a very sincere congratulations to you and your sweet family! i hope you continue feeling better.

Lacey said...

Yeah!! COngrats. You must be one patient momma!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!! I'm really excited for you!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you are finally telling people. I was getting tired of keeping it a secret.

Heather said...

CONGRATS!!! I am SO excited for you! This explains why you didn't answer my email I recently sent you asking you when number 6 would be coming! YEA!!! I am so amazed by you and the fantastic mother that you are. I truly admire and love you. Best of luck in the coming months!

The Ward's said...

I am so happy for you guys! What a great family for he/she to be coming to. I'm sure this little person can't wait to come to your family.

Niederfam said...

Congrats!!! Congrats!!!! What a LUCKY little he/she they will be!!!

Hmachine said...

baby love. . . my baby love. . la la la la la!!!! congrats!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!! :)

Robyn said...

Congrats!!!!! Super excited for you!

amandaruth said...

Congrats Melissa!

Jen said...

Congrats!!! Yea for Smith #6!!!

Leah said...

Yeah I figured you would be... congrats!

Carrie said...

I have yet to see the LATEST "grandkids!" We are just going to have to come see you.

Adriana said...

Congratulations you guys!!!!! Best Christmas gift you could ever ask for!! :-)

Sarah said...

Ahhhh...so excited for you Melissa! Numero Seis! Que bueno!

Rachel K said...

Yay! Congrats!

McKenna said...

Congratulations!

I hate throwing up worse than anything, so every time I got nauseous, I'd go and stick my head in the freezer until my nasal passages felt all frozen. But I guess a Heaven-sent cold would have been pretty effective also!

But seriously, how do you put all your kids in one vehicle? We're trying to buy a van and I can't find one with more than four latch points and I always keep thinking, "How does Melissa put all her kids in the car?" You're definitely gonna need a limo...or a Thatcher Dispatcher :)

The Sanford Family said...

What do you mean "suprise"? It's about time!!! Congrats!!!!

carlyn said...

yay!! congrats!!

rachel said...

seriously so excited for you guys. I love that we are going to be prego together.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Yay!!!! So fun! You're going to pass us now! I'm hoping for twins still!!!

Suzanne said...

Good Luck Melissa!!!!!!!