So Brooks took the kids (minus Iris) with him to cut cut wood. When he came back with all the kids they were carrying the chain saw case towards me. When I looked closer there were claws poking out of it. And BIG ones.
"All right", I said, "What do you guys have this time?"
Turns out, they caught "Snappy".

That's as close as the kids would get to him because.......well, he got his name for obvious reasons, he's a Snapping Turtle............a BIG one.

He would SNAP at anything close to his face (doesn't he make a great pet?)
It turns out, w/ my reading that
-they have big long tails, claws and a big head that they can't go all the way in their shells like most turtles
-they're aggressive in nature
-they have a jagged shell on the back
(you can see how big he is compared to the race car in the picture)

-COULD take off a small finger, according to the article I read (Since we don't have any small fingers around here, I think we're safe!!!!!)
-and once again, according to the article they do NOT make great pets.
(Like I couldn't have figured THAT out)
Turns out, I'm glad Snappy ran away during naptime, because I didn't want to worry about my leg being taken off everytime I went in the backyard.
But talk about a GREAT and memorable outing with Daddy.
2 comments:
Of course not, little fingers to snap off? Your house? No way. I'm just glad Brooks let them bring it home. Those moments are the ones when I start reffering to Michael as Dr. Clark. You know? When he does something REALLY smart. :)
your kids are awesome at catching critters.. i wish they come cat hunting at my house.
Post a Comment