Winter = basketball season.
This year Brooks coached Royce's team.
One day for his game he came down all ready looking like this. 😆
Here the team is at halftime.......and Emerson thinking he's helping with the coaching.....in his Heelies.
I was proud of this kid.... in the fall he walked up to the coach and asked if he could try-out for the 7th grade team even though the team was already picked last year. They let him try out and he made it on one of their teams. I never really DID get a good picture of Camden during his games.


Besides complaining about something else he hurt after his games (he has "man-cold syndrome"..... I am NOT kidding), he really enjoyed playing. He wanted to get better so much that he even started getting up at 4:50 with Brooks and Bronson to go shoot/workout at the gym in the mornings.


In the spring Camden tried out for the 8th grade basketball team for next year. They are basically going from three teams worth of kids to one in 8th grade. The numbers weren't in Camden's favor and frankly he hasn't had as many years playing and experience as the others.
But Camden took Dad's dare and walked up to the coach evaluating him (who happened to be Bronson's old coach) and said, "Coach, I may not be able to shoot as well as Bronson, but I am better looking."
To which the coach smiled and said, "You know? I think you're right Camden."
Needless to say, he made the team for next year.
Bronson played on the 9th grade team this year. They started off winning a preseason tournament which was a good sign. (except the part where Bronson didn't play in the last half of the last game because coach doesn't like it when he smiles) 😃
Bronson was number zero.... and I wanted to get my kids to start a chant "Zero is our Hero!" but I DEFINITELY didn't want to make Bronson smile any.....or turn red. Well, that last one would've been okay. Here are some of his cute fans.
I didn't get any good pics of him playing either.....but at the start of the season he also wasn't playing as much.
Then Bronson just started hitting everything. Infact when someone found out "0" was my kid they said, "Oh, the shooter?"
His scoring points streak MAY have been with a LITTLE bit of thanks to Brooks. You see ever since Little League started I've always let the kids have a "jugo" (juice) for their games. We never have juice around the house so it was always a treat. I ran out of juice so Bronson reminded me to bring him a drink to the game. Brooks overheard and said, "BAH! This kid is a freshman! He doesn't need juice, there's plenty of water there. I'll tell you what, if you score more than ten points tonight your mom will keep up with her Gatorade purchases."
This was highly unlikely, plus Brooks thought he was doing me a favor in not having to buy Gatorade. That night Bronson scored 18 points (6 three pointers)!!!!
He told me after the game that once he made his fourth, he thought about his Gatorade.
After that challenge there was maybe one game he didn't "earn" his Gatorade. 😂
Here I am bringing one of his Gatorades to school for his gameday.....hope he likes the bag!
Besides helping give Royce pointers in basketball, Emerson was busy with his Cooking Classes still and also rocking it as Captain of the Quiz Bowl Team. #bornleader






No comments:
Post a Comment