Monday, June 18, 2018

Easter

Easter weekend happened to be General Conference weekend. LUCKY US! So between Saturday sessions of Conference I took the younger kids to an egg hunt.....which we don't usually do because we don't want to take all the eggs at someplace. But as you can see there were plenty.
They divided it by ages, but that age group in the fenced in area and let them go. You should've SEEN those parents coaching their kids to hurry and pick up the eggs. There were some eggs with red tickets in them for prizes so it wasn't just smarties they were wanting their kids to find.

Even though they had never been to an egg hunt they remembered they didn't need to be told what to do. There are 10 kids in my family sooooooo well, let's just say they have learned to grab what they can when they can. They were pros. haha
Three of the kids got tickets. Royce actually won a remote control car!
Kellyn and Aleeya won a pack of Skittles. 

It was so fun......AND since the egg hunt used the nice NOT-Dollar-tree eggs I was able to use them and have enough of the same colors of eggs for our family egg hunt.

Saturday night these three went to Priesthood session......but FIRST out to Sumo's to eat.

 I stayed home with the kids and was introduced to a new show called Relative Race....that every episode left me in tears as these teams run around the country finding their long lost relatives and puzzles to their family tree. I know, it sounds lame but we are now probably that show's biggest fans (and "Random Acts""

Easter was on April Fools so that worked out for me. (insert evil laugh). TRUST me I wanted to do more, but just settled on some disappointing eggs. In our family egg hunt everyone looks for different color of egg for them filled with jelly beans. THEN we go in the front yard and eveyone goes crazy looking for three eggs with money in them. The kids were SO excited that THIS year I did 8 eggs! Well 5 of them were filled with the paper saying "April Fools"......and when Royce is the only one that ends up with the eggs with money and Aleeya, Emerson and Camden find out their's are empty.....let's just say I wished my camera was going.

Between Easter baskets, easter hunts and General Conference Concession stand my kids get SO sugared up! 
The Easter bunny gave these two some bunny suckers and sunglasses.  I couldn't resist making their hair look like bunny ears.

Easter dresses 

The whole world just needs a bottle of Kellyn.....if nothing else just to pull out and use when the day MIGHT need a little pizazz. 💓

No comments: