No, the title is NOT a typo.....it really is about "Branson" and not "Bronson". :)
Brooks had a test/work trip he had to do near Branson for a few days and I HAPPENED to have picked up a phone call to a time share presentation vacation package last fall. So we scheduled our REALLY cheap trip (+time share presentation) during the same time so I could go too!
a HUGE thanks to RA and Pat for coming back out and watching the crew and driving them to their endless activities.
It may sound like I'm getting jipped having him gone for the morning and early afternoon but it was absolutely perfect!
You see Brooks has a REALLY hard time (Read: "incapable") of just sitting and doing nothing. "Nothing" could VERY well be my middle name I never knew of.
"Nothing" on this trip means sleeping in, reading two books and sitting in the hot tub. SUPER dreamy.
Then Brooks came back around 2 and he was ready to get going.....which was fine for me after I had a relaxing morning!
We went golfing.
Well HE went golfing.....I'm just there to drive the cart and check him out.
The next night there was this SUPER big and dreamy storm.....loud loud thunder and lightning out my window (they kicked us out of the hot tub haha)....which was PERFECT to curl up and read.
It turns out that we were on the outside of a pretty big storm going through Arkansas and southern Missouri with tornado watches. When Pat got the tornado watch warning she said we might have to drive down and peel her off the ceiling. 😂
We went ziplining!
It was really fun. My lousy abs DID have a hard time trying to flip me back over from upside down though.
The outing I was MOST looking forward to was THIS!
A dinner and show with Broadway/movie and show tunes isn't TOTALLY Brooks' gig, but he KNEW this would absolutely make my day/vacation/LIFE!
I used to watch the musical Showboat with my sister growing up and MAN, did I want her there! Not that I didn't totally enjoy being with Brooks or anything, but the appreciation levels are different. :)
It was FREEZING outside and the weather was still bad on the lake that we couldn't even leave the DOCK. So kinda bummer about not getting to cruise around Table Rock lake but we still got to be ON it and enjoy the show/dinner.
Brooks was quick to find someone to ask his bazillion questions to. See the "Restricted area. Crew only" sign on the door Brooks is knocking on?
Someone DID in fact come out and Brooks got to ask all his questions. #everlearning
Totally awkward picture of me trying to take a selfie so you can see the stage and set-up but the show really was SO SO SO good. the voices were AMAZING. The tap dancing so FUN and I didn't want it all to end.
The food was good. Brooks said it tasted like cafeteria food at the hospital but lucky for ME, I LOVE hospital food!
We got home in the evening (on Emerson's birthday) and heard all about the adventures RA and Pat had while we were gone. Those two are rock stars. REALLY!
My favorite story from home was when Bronson told me that he would occasionally hear Grandma gasp. Like she would walk into a room where the babies had made a mess or turned on water someplace or whatever and let out this audible gasp that Bronson could hear in the other room. 😂
I came home to my house cleaner than ever though which cupboards, walls, light fixtures and everything wiped down.
It was SUCH an amazing break! I loved it ALL!

No comments:
Post a Comment