This time of year is always my favorite to look at people's blogs of all of the Halloween costumes.
Yes, we JUST got back from our Trunk or Treat, I put the kids down, raided their baskets and just want to sit my fatness on this comfty computer chair and document Halloween.
So please oblige me. :)
Here's Russell, Tinkerbell and the Skeleton (that was SUPPOSED to be Darth Vader, but he JUST changed his mind. Good thing for friends with kids the same size!)

I was LUCKY to get one picture of this rhino, because he was just off doing his thing all night (obviously, since he picked a RED shirt to go under his costume)

I was a speed bump..............for obvious reasons.

And Iris? Well, I HAD her dressed as a fairy with wings and all, but look at this face.........

the rashy red stuff kind of ruined the fairy look......and I didn't have a pirate outfit her size for her to go as Redbeard, so I threw her in her pjs and she went as......um.......a homeless child.
If arranged marriages are considered fine, this is one I would do.
How cute is Peter Pan with his Tinkerbell?

Since Brooks is still in San Fransisco, I was getting a little exhausted after the whole Trunk or Treat, chili dinner thing, but the kids wanted to do the cake walk. I told them as soon as one of them wins, then it's time to go. I threw 3 kids up there (made our odds better!) and on the FIRST round, Emerson won. (Tender mercy from up above I'm thinkin' ) He was pretty proud of his cake.

(And yes, I did darken his eyebrows this time, and they looked awesome)
I try to do some project whenever Brooks leaves because I don't REALLY have to keep the house always clean and a huge dinner made. I decided to spray paint our brass bed that is over 20 years old......and chipping.....and turning green (oxidation, I guess).

I've never spray painted (or really painted anything) before, so it was kind of exciting. I picked brown, because I wanted something very calm and muted and different from the shiny brass.

Aleeya helped me set back up the bed. She held it while I screwed everything back in...........I know, I know, and to THINK I slept in it last night. But it actually held up, and I just WISH I had the time to do the dresser as well while he was gone.
Update: Brooks was SUPPOSED to have gotten back tonight at midnight but on the answering machine he told me he missed his flight and that it was a long story and that he won't get in until tomorrow afternoon and that I needed to call the bishopric to let them know that Brooks won't be able to make it tomorrow for when HE SPEAKS IN CHURCH!!!!!
Um....I had no idea.
(What a stinker, he always likes to surprise me with that and just walk up to the stand)
And no, he knew better then to ask me to speak for him,
afterall, the congregation wouldn't listen to a WORD I would say, because I would imagine 5 kids sitting by themselves right up front might be more entertaining then anything I would have to say.
8 comments:
Darlin' costumes! The frame looks great! And, I just noticed your PP tracking on the left side bar. It doesn't shock me one TINY bit that you're already completed good works. Not only do you take care of your family, but you also find every opportunity to serve those around you. You rock, Melissa!
1. Emerson doesn't look like himself at all!!! But I still liked his costume. 2. I love what you did with your bed! I would have totally painted it that same tone of brown, that's my style right there. 3. I soooooooo wish I could be Brooks right now. I also speak in church tomorrow and I'm terrified 'cause it's a completely new ward for me........and I've never given a talk in English before.
I love Halloween! You all look so cute. I LOVE the speed bump! :)
Way to go, spray painting your bed! You better watch out...painting is addictive! It looks great.
A speed bump?! Dang, you are so creative! That is definitely a cute costume for a pregnant lady! :) Love that you spray-painted the bed, too! It looks good!
Looks like fun!
That's great you got the bed done while he was gone! Sounds like an exciting night at the church--glad Emerson won right away! I can only imagine going with 5 kids and being pregnant! I love that I get to go through my kids candy, take what I want and they don't even seem to care. Ahhh...so nice. Though, I've eaten a bit too much lately!
I think I like your costume best Baloo- so cute!
YOu guys all looked very cute, and i might add that I was very impressed that you ahd all your kids and yourself done and at the church on time without a husband to help! Props to ya!!!
Post a Comment