Thursday, October 21, 2010

FREE!!!

Last week we let the 13 Painted-lady butterflies go!
I REEEEEEEEALLY had to convince Aleeya to want to let her's go.
I felt like my kids were going to college after raising them from larva and soaking their little cotton balls in brown sugar water and watching them evolve into butterflies (well, some anyway, one never came out and two had "special wings")
Brooks thinks they weren't too pretty and looked too much liked moths......although he seemed to get most excited over this whole process of watching the butterflies.
Here's one of the "special" ones.

Adios! May you have a GREAT and long two-weeked life.

Speaking of great.........
-we had an awesome weekend trip to the temple/hotel. We actually got more sessions in then usual and the kids got more swimming in then usual.

-I may not be getting as much Personal Progress done as I want, but at least I'm still on track with my 2 freezer meals done a week until the baby comes. (I started at 30 weeks, so the goal is to have 20+ meals in the freezer when the little man arrives.......I say "+" because I'm sure he'll be fashionably late like the others)

-we had a great week-ish visit with Brooks two close friends from high school. They just left yesterday, but not before spoiling the kids with toys before they left.... (AND they even brought chocolate-covered cinnamon bears for me from Utah! Wa-hoo!..........for the baby, of course.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also had one special butterfly from the five we had. Yea for a great temple trip/mini vacation! And, two thumbs up for having that freezer full. It'll be so nice not worrying about fixing dinner and getting to snuggle the new baby instead!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

So, you're having a boy? Have you had an ultrasound yet? That is so fun they got to raise the butterflies. That sounds like something my kids would like, but that I would probably never do......glad you got to go to the temple! I love temple "trips"!

Suzanne said...

HURRAY for Chocolate covered Cinnamon bears!!!
I'm doing another one of those famous 8-week challenges (that you started) and I can't have anything like that for another 2 weeks! :(