Monday, February 23, 2009

Yes, I'm still here......

Wow, so it’s been a while, camera-less, but life isn’t any less exciting, so here’s a few of my random thoughts/events....because afterall, it IS my blog, right?
-On Saturday I took one for the team. My FIL gave me a gift certificate to Olive Garden for V-day which can also be used at Red Lobster. (Those of you who know me can laugh now since you should KNOW I don’t DO seafood, the smell, or even in the near vicinity....pregnant or not!) But poor Brooks LOVES the stuff and I DID wake up with a stuffy nose, so I thought I wouldn’t smell everything there. We went to the mall, got a smoothie (lost a $20 bill in the sea of honest people there), did some returns then had a quick stop at Red Lobster.....as quick as a Saturday night in a city where everyone eats out can be. I got a steak and mashed potatoes, which I would’ve been happy with just mashed potatoes ANYWHERE. There were good, but the BEST part was seeing Brooks’ face as he ate the crab legs! He was in heaven (after we watched the guy at the table next to us to see how Brooks was supposed to eat them)! And no, I didn’t even get sick AND I ate the part of my steak that touched the crab leg.....progress, progress!!! My kids tried the leftovers at home and they LOVED the crab legs. Okay, I’m seriously depriving my kids, I’m thinkin.
- I’m 26 weeks (as of last Friday) and have been keeping track of my weight pretty closely since I’ve been LOVING the 3 pound bag of swedish fish my sister sent me. It was funny to me when 2 days in a row now I weigh 2 pounds over then the weight I was when I got married. That could only mean 2 things: 1) I was a whale when I got married, or 2) the weight now on my belly has only passed the weight lost in my chest (from past babies) by 2 pounds.
- Yesterday Bronson ran in and told me Camden said the "F-word"!!! I’m sure you know what I thought of first, but don’t worry, Camden told me later he would no longer say "fart".
-Sacrament meeting yesterday was a joke at church. For some reason the kids couldn’t hold still and Aleeya couldn’t talk quietly and Emerson couldn’t get over his mom-crush of not wanting to sit on my lap (Aleeya was already there and Camden and Bronson on both sides.....not to mention baby in tow). Normally we never have to take our kids out. Get this, THREE times!!! So Brooks has the message tonight for family home evening and guess where we’re going with Brooks’ church key....yep, you guessed it, we’re going to practice at the church on how to act during sacrament meeting. Sounds like fun, huh.
-We conned some kidless suckers to come sit at our home while I got to go watch Brooks' intramural basketball game at 9:00pm last week. The kids were asleep, so I really needed a warm body here and I found one! YAY! It was sooooo fun. I used to always take all the kids to intramural games in Johnson City, but it's not like I really got to watch, if you know what I mean. I just sat there with a smile on my face remembering all those days in our dating/pre-marriage life and newlywedom! I still remembering watching Brooks when we were dating, and how he would wipe the bottoms of his shoes.....apparently for traction, how his calf muscles would bulge and how he would constantly smile and talk/sweet talk the refs, etc..........Ahhhhh, it was fun to go back down memory lane!

- I found Bronson this morning stuffing his feet into shoes 2 sizes too small. Yes, he DID get them in, but it created a few bumps towards his toes. I asked why he just didn’t wear his Spiderman shoes he got at the first of the school year and he told me the kids at school told him they are looking "viejo" (old) and that he wears them everyday. (I’m thinking, "So, Daddy wears the same clothes to work everyday....and it’s awesome ‘cause it saves on laundry"). He has another pair of older shoes from last summer (Transformers) that still fit him as well, so in the past he says he "zig-zag wears them" (meaning every other day). That way, he’s not wearing the same shoes everyday. Brooks had the whole We-shouldn’t-care-what-people-think talk with him last week already..... phew, I’m glad it stuck.
-On Saturday I planted 5 year old grape vines, 3 raspberry plants and 25 strawberries. I know you’re thinking it’s too early, right? I got these online (Stark brothers) and so they need 3-6 weeks in the soil to get used to it before it really gets warm. But it made me sooooo excited to start planting veggies soon and for the spring weather! All I can say is
BRING IT ON!

5 comments:

Hmachine said...

wow, all I can say is that I think I could copy your post and put it in my blog. Except our 'routy' Sunday was two weeks ago, and it's little blue boots that 'everyone will think I'm my baby brother because they are so small' instead of old shoes. . . . And although I LOVE watching D play soccer, no time for the weary, AND I'm definitely NOT 2 lbs away from what I was when I got pregnant (good job).

o.k. so maybe our posts aren't anything a like. . LOL, Let me start over. . .

Wow, I can definitely relate! :) You are awesome!!

there! :) Love ya!

Melissa S. said...

Silly Heather....I didn't say 2 lbs away from when I got prego....that would insane, unhealthy and I can't think of another word. I said when I got married!!!! :)

Winter Warlock said...

Thanks for updating the blog!! I feel like I'm a little part of your life again!! I owe you one now!! :)
Way to go for Red Lobster!! I LOVE crab legs...a lot of work, though.
So, Daniel informed me that planting now is not so strange....but I have to say, I don't believe it is warmer there. You guys get more snow than we do. We just get the cold air first and pass it on your way. Remember, weather girl???
Ok, I'm going to tell you something I rarely share w/ people b/c its ridiculus, but I think I'm secure enough w/ myself that I can share embarrassing facts! he,he Ok, so Winter Warlock actually comes from a Christmas cartoon where the warlock is mean and then becomes nice. Therefore, he changes his name to Winter---that is really what I'm named after!! My mom was watching that cartoon and heard the name "Winter" and thought that naming her daughter after a cartoon warlock was a good idea! Who would have thought? Anyways, I thought it was a cool enough blog name since it's what inspired my mother!! LOL--very true story!!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I LOVED the entry, thanks! You have been so busy! Well, I guess everyone is busy compared to me. I am excited for you too for all the fruit you'll be getting. My dad has a strawberry patch and they are sooo good. once the strawberries star coming on, they produce tons for a good two, if not three months! Sorry about the $20! That really stinks. And good for you for going to Red Lobster!

Suzanne said...

Hey -- we have a key to the church, too. We're TOTALLY gonna try the church practicing thing sometime when needed! Great idea! When I was little, we just had to sit on a chair at home, but the church setting would make it more REAL!

Tell your sister she can send me a 3 lb. bag of Swedish Fish, too! :) Which one was it?