Friday, February 6, 2009

SNOW DAY!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?

I know, I know, MIRACLES NEVER CEASE! This is about 5:00 pm I guess and the flakes were actually huge! (This was last Monday)By the time we ate dinner, Brooks had me bundle up all the kids so HE could go out and frolic with them for a while (2 reasons I was reminded I don't much care for snow: 1) getting kids bundled up, more clothes to wash, puddles by the door, etc., and 2) it's COOOOLD!) My poor kids have coats, but that's about it. Thanks to their bear Halloween costumes they had gloves/claws and here's Aleeya with socks on her hands to keep them warm. (Notice the wet knees)
Our FIRST Snowman!!!! Okay, I'm laughing now because my SIL, Jodi just posted a picture of this HUGE snowman they built in Utah, and this looks like mini-me of that one with not as cute assesories (our's must be a boy) and definitely not as big. The boys were soooo proud of it. As you can see, it took about all the snow in the front yard.

I DID change my attitude about the cold and made them all hot chocolate (Brooks had his spiced cider) for when they came in. We learned our cookie sheet does NOT work as a sled and Bronson learned a new phrase......"white-washing". Classic.
The best part about it is, we enjoyed it for the day and come this weekend it should be back up in the 60s. So the boys got their cold, snow day from school, but I get my warm weekends to get stuff down outside! PERFECT!



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I could do without the snow, too! BUT we get it here!! I always laugh when certain places cancel school/have a "snow day" for hardly anything! (St. George did this year, too!) I can still see the road & grass in that pic. of yours. I only ever remember ONE "snow day" when I was growing up - we had like 4 FEET of snow and the Power was OUT in the city. School would've gone on if the Power worked!

Babelicious said...

Cute Snowman guys!! Case and I are laughing at the mini-me thing. It is a little smaller, but still quite impressive since THERE'S NO SNOW!!