Friday, September 29, 2017

Arkansas Adventures

A couple nights after moving in we decided to go have dinner by Lake Dardanelle which is only a few miles from our house. It's actually a cool lake that hosts a ton of bass fishing tournaments and one that was broadcasted on ESPN recently. 

The twins LOVE watermelon
They get so juicy and sticky though! (Wynn in front)
They also like finishing off chicken wings. :)
I see little curls.......

Right by where we are eating is a "beach"/swimming area that the kids really enjoyed.
The water actually feels dirty ish. I know, I know, it's a LAKE, but maybe it felt like that since the temperature was close to bath water. None of that bothered the kids though.
Brooks and I made a VERY strong mental note to not take the twins there for a looooooong time. They love water TOO much and it's so hard keeping track of two babies head diving in all the time.

Once again......moving boxes used for a fort/battle-shield.

The babies play outside most of their awake-time. As funny as this sounds, they keep using the doggy door and go out in the (fenced) backyard whenever they want. It's like the door was MADE for them......and I don't have to deal with flies coming in or AC going out the door.
With all their outside-ness they are always looking like this.
(Iley)
Thankfully we can just hose them off.....AND they get hydrated at the same time!
Have I mentioned they love water? hahaha

My mom gave us some chalk balls which were a BLAST to play with!


The best part is, you can line your kids up and have REASON to therapeutically throw something at them.....and they are smiling after! 

This picture is my favorite......
Aleeya happened to have hit him a *cough* certain place *cough*, and there's proof! :)

Not EVERYONE enjoyed it the whole time though.


We got a family membership to the Golf Country Club here. It's nice to just drop the boys off and say, "See ya in a bunch of hours!"
Cute little golfer.....I call him the Blue Plaid Monster #outfitshouldbebanned

The country club is about five minutes from my house (farthest place I have to drive too. 🙌)
THIS is actually part of my drive there....... it's beautiful here.



There's a stream down the road that the kids keep walking to and bringing back "friends" to put in my vases. Ummmmm. #stinkingmyvasesup

Bronson has missed all the fun because two days after we moved here he flew out to Utah for 2 weeks. OF COURSE he's the worst at sending me decent pictures (even though I LOVED seeing pics of his calf and shoe to appease my "one pic a day sent to me" rule, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind). I'm grateful my sister-in-law snapped these of Bronson with his cousin Jacob going to EFY.

That was only a week. He spent the other week being spoiled by grandparents, hanging with other cousins, aunts/uncles..... all while pulling as many pranks as he can. #icantsendhimanywhere
He really had a great time being on his own and living the easy life.

Glad he enjoyed THAT, because the minute he walked through the door, he was put to work putting toether a trampoline. #welcomehomepunk #dontthinkhemissedus



1 comment:

Linsey said...

Oh, the twins!! I love their muddy faces and hose pictures! And I really love that there are 2 cute babies to look at!! Arkansas looks good on your family. The kids all look so happy and content. When it comes to moving, the Air Heads!! GENIUS!!! However, I don't think I could have resisted letting Royce have one even though he didn't work...his smile just kills me! However, selfishly, the best thing about your move is your new proximity to us! YAY!!