Another new school year.....another new school for these rascals. They are such good sports.
Aleeya is the oldest at her K-4grade school this year being a big ol' 4th grader.
Iris- 3rd grade
And good ol' Roycey is starting 1st
All in the same school still. yay
Even BETTER, they are all in the same BUS with the older kids too!!!!!
Bronson is SUPER excited about THAT!
This Freshman (at the Junior High)
gets up every morning and goes to Seminary at 6a.m. (Scripture/Gospel Study classes). Then he comes home, eats, showers and heads on the same bus as his 6 year old brother.
He's LIVING the dream!
9th grade
Bronson wouldn't let me walk them ALL the way to the bus stop (which has since been moved to the front of our house!....you know, numbers move bus stops)
But I DID make sure I stayed in sight-range for him. Hopefully he was looking out the window watching his mother dance as the bus pulled away.
Because something IN me just lets LOOSE after a long summer of crazy noise, messes, a move, boxes, teasing and irregular schedules.
I danced.....
and danced......
and jumped!
Camden and Emerson ARE assigned to take the bus as well, but decided this year to ride their bikes every day to school (all schools are close to a mile away).
These two get to stay home another half hour and get home a half hour earlier because of riding their bikes.
7th grader-too-cool-to-smile
6-grader-beaming-smile-man
All six of the kids got home from school and had a great first day, liked their teachers and found friends. Phew. I like what I'm seeing!
And I GET to stay home with these four precious girls.
I think most of the reason I love when school starts is that I get back the simple time with young kids. You know, the magical time of the day when you tell them grapes and cheese are for lunch and they all cheer (or run to their high chairs). If I did that to the older kids......well, let's just say it would be LESS "magical". 😏
I raaaaaaaarely leave the house during the day. Something important would definitely have to come up for me to go out. I prefer the hermit-state during the day to sit back and enjoy the show in my own home. There's enough running places once everyone gets home as it is.
The babies thankfully still take morning and afternoon naps. Kellyn and Everly both take an afternoon nap. And the rest of the day we fill it with book/snuggle time, learning letters and making disastrous messes. It's the stage where the backyard and garage are enchanting lands every day! The girls are really good at disappearing, yet they reappear for "feeding time" (yes, I worded it like that because sometimes I feel like a seal trainer throwing out fish) They usually are off busy playing house, Barbies, church, store, TEACHER (OH YES! SOOO much teacher), grocery store and dress-up.
I think that's why I've never sent any of my kids to a preschool....
THIS little stage is too magical and precious (and messy, I know)
So yes, BRING ON THE SCHOOL YEAR and don't judge a dancing Mom.
And I GET to stay home with these four precious girls.
I think most of the reason I love when school starts is that I get back the simple time with young kids. You know, the magical time of the day when you tell them grapes and cheese are for lunch and they all cheer (or run to their high chairs). If I did that to the older kids......well, let's just say it would be LESS "magical". 😏
I raaaaaaaarely leave the house during the day. Something important would definitely have to come up for me to go out. I prefer the hermit-state during the day to sit back and enjoy the show in my own home. There's enough running places once everyone gets home as it is.
The babies thankfully still take morning and afternoon naps. Kellyn and Everly both take an afternoon nap. And the rest of the day we fill it with book/snuggle time, learning letters and making disastrous messes. It's the stage where the backyard and garage are enchanting lands every day! The girls are really good at disappearing, yet they reappear for "feeding time" (yes, I worded it like that because sometimes I feel like a seal trainer throwing out fish) They usually are off busy playing house, Barbies, church, store, TEACHER (OH YES! SOOO much teacher), grocery store and dress-up.
I think that's why I've never sent any of my kids to a preschool....
THIS little stage is too magical and precious (and messy, I know)
So yes, BRING ON THE SCHOOL YEAR and don't judge a dancing Mom.















No comments:
Post a Comment