Monday, September 25, 2017

Johnson Shut-ins

Johnson Shut-ins is this magical state park in Missouri with all these rocks, cliffs to jump off into the river and fun wading areas.

We decided to take the whole family there....NONE of which are in the above picture, because I got THAT off the internet. I couldn't take many pictures because my job was to make sure the twins didn't drown because they are OBSESSED with water. I finally had to take off their life jackets because they were too big and they couldn't get up Christmas-story-snowsuit style.

I DID manage to get one shot of this cutie.
See the diaper in the front? It actually served as my phone-hider and basically my wallet. Because who REALLY is going to look for something to steal in a DIAPER!!???!!! 
#imagenius #yourewelcomeforthetip

Too bad there isn't audio to this one....Everly was screaming. Did NOT want to go in the water and DEFINITELY didn't want Dad who would make her get wet. 

He finally released her and she spent the rest of the time sunbathing with a wedgie.
PERFECT! One less kid to watch!

Then the boys started the manly rock throwing contest that entertained them for for a while. 



I PROMISE you my kids like being outside and in the water..... even though some pictures don't show it. haha. This is from when Brooks took these 5 on a canoe/fishing trip with another dad with his 4 kids. It's a miracle they all came home.
 (The one in black shorts isn't mine.... but kinda blends in, no?)

And SPEAKING of water, THIS girl had swimming lessons over the summer!!!!!
I've never signed a child up for lessons before because we've taught them. But I was NOT going to be at a pool with FOUR who couldn't swim and I needed her to learn FAST.
She was SOOOOOO happy.

She smiled during the whole lesson and would wave to me over and over.
She would jump in the water and come OUT of the water with a smile on her face!

Kellyn DID learn to swim but the REAL MIRACLE of the whole swimming lesson thing is how Everly would sit during the lesson every week like this.
I'm serious, she wouldn't move a MUSCLE! #unHEARDof

Wow, maybe I CAN start taking her in public....... huh.

My swimming beauties about to go to the neighborhood pool. Lovin' Everly's swuimsuit on backwards. #photobombingbrother


No comments: