The SUPER fun part of moving is all the boxing, packing and cleaning..... am I right?
Brooks had to leave for a few days (he did a ton before he left) so we just cranked out more boxes..... and made forts.
PERFECT wall to hide behind (they had me pull it out from the wall) to shoot weapons from.
And then it became a place to sleep and play house on.
(Yes, Everly is naked....as usual. I had her put the buffalo on her lap for the picture. You're welcome)
Everyone helped out a ton....even with the babies. I needed two diapers changed.... Kellyn and Everly to the rescue.
I had to run out and left Aleeya, Iris and Royce in charge of cleaning the backyard..... for a reward. There's a ton of tall grass on the hill and there was trash and things I needed them to dig out.
I came home to this note from Iris on the door.
"Mom we are finished but Royce berly cleaned anethings
he had a lot of breakes
mostly he was killing rolly pollyes"
#rascal
So Royce didn't get his Airhead...... which is what I started "paying" the kids in. I bought a box of 60 (best purchase of the MONTH) and assigned cleaning jobs to whoever wanted Airheads.
They were begging me for more work and jobs to do.(Insert evil laugh)
They were begging me for more work and jobs to do.(Insert evil laugh)
My sweet friend Laura offered to give me and Aleeya new hair cuts (and me a highlight) before we moved.... and brought us lunch that lasted for days.....and sat with me at church when I was solo, etc.
We love her.
Brooks got back Monday night late and Tuesday morning the truck was being dropped off.
But FIRST Brooks and I went to ONE last 5:30 am session at the temple before moving. I will miss those dates together.....
#ineedtocleanmywindshield
The kids were just mesmerized seeing the truck "come apart" when the guy dropped it off.
And WHY is it that moving trucks have THE dirtiest floors (more dirty than a pile of dirt)?!?!? Let's call this picture "Moving Truck Feet"
(Royce kissing his bicep)
The truck had a great ramp/slide for Royce too.
Now the loading begins!!!! I turned on some Beach Boys loud and my family went to work.
The kids (mostly boys) and Brooks loaded the whole truck. They know the drill and just get it done. I kept boxing behind and cleaning out rooms to block them off.
It was a pretty hot day!
The truck was picked up and we had a night just to clean and enjoy our.....air mattresses.?
Next morning bright and early, into the the van we WENT!
Another friend gave us an envelope with some $ and told us to stop and get the kids anything they wanted to eat on the way. The kids were so excited. We love the Hintzes.
Brooks and I went to the closing, got our house keys and went to show everyone (including Brooks, he had never walked through it. haha) the house. They were kinda pooped.
And just like that, we are in debt again. :) It was nice while it lasted.
It's actually really enjoyable having the truck come the NEXT day after we arrived because we really just wanted to kick back and relax. Basically not worry about packing/unpacking.
I love my open kitchen.
I love my open kitchen.
For as skinny as our living room is, w/o furniture in it, there's not PLENTY of room in the to give the babies rides in luggage.
We celebrated with rootbeer floats.
(I love my marble countertops)
The truck arrived the next day.
All right you rascals..... back to work!
(Love this pic of Royce and Kellyn bringing this in)




















No comments:
Post a Comment