THIS. CUTE. BOY.
Just had his dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam come true.
If you know Emerson at ALL you will know that he's been devastated that he hasn't lost any teeth.
He's the ONLY kid in his 1st grade class (in both morning AND afternoon) that hasn't lost one yet.
Last week we went to the dentist and the dentist said she felt his bottom tooth a little "wiggly". I felt the darn thing after and it didn't move a little bit unless Emerson's head moved with it. But just hearing that bit of good news gave him hope. Emerson then went to work on making it fall out. He must've worked like CRAZY on it because it started really getting close to coming out.
Saturday he came to us and asked me to pull it out. I wouldn't. Then he said I could use dental floss but because I had a HORRIBLE experience w/ that as a child with my dad (think doorknob, floss, standing across the room, blood dripping.....you get the idea) I wouldn't do it. Plus it wasn't THAT close to coming out.
Then Sunday night he asked Brooks to grab it. He tried and made Emerson cry. So we stopped. (I say "we" because I sat and watched the whole thing)
Then he came down after a hour and it was significantly more loose (who KNOWS what he did to make it that way.......I don't ask some things for a reason....) Brooks grabbed a flossing pick and wedged the pointy side under the tooth.
I walked around to get another picture of it happening and I didn't make it in time. It popped out on the first "wedge" from that flossing pick.
To say he was excited was really beyond an understatement.
In the kitchen I said, "Emerson, are you SOOOOO excited?!?!"
And he giggled/squealed and said, "YES! Now I get to put my name on the tooth poster in my classroom. My name is the ONLY one not on it!!!!"
It was THEN that I understood the urgency of wiggling it before the school year ended next week. Such a funny kid.
And to PROVE he lost it, he took it to school (as if the big gap in his mouth didn't already give it away).



7 comments:
He is seriously so handsome! Such a cutie little face!
Yay Emerson!!!!!!!
Adorable! Though, it seems like a lot of work to get one tooth out:)
He is absolutely hilarious (and super handsome!). I just feel like the world is a better place for having Emerson in it.
Also, I am going to clean my ring right now! Thank you for trying and rating Pinterest ideas for us. I am rarely successful with anything from Pinterest. Unfortunately, Lily always wants to look at it and find something to make, and ours obviously turn out a little different from the pictures. Haha. Just a little.
The pictures of Kellyn! Oh my goodness!!!! A baby laughing- especially one as cute as Kellyn- is the best thing in the WORLD. It just has to be. I am cracking up about people calling dibbs to snuggle her. I wish I lived there so I could lay claim!
So funny. Shanna hasn't lost any teeth, but has a slightly loose one with an adult tooth growing in behind in. I tried to pull it out the other night with dental floss (no door involved) but the floss broke. And she's only in kindergarten too. How fun he lost a tooth before the end of the year!! And yes, handsome picture of Emerson!!!
Wooohooooooo Emerson!!!!!!!!! I just can't get enough of that first picture of him! Soooooooooo handsome and kissable!!! ;)
How sweet is that first picture of Emerson!! He is so cute and I'm so glad he lost a tooth before school got out and so his uncles can't tease him so much :) I'm a little behind on blogging, but I LOVE the post on Royce! He does have the best hair and the profile shot of him with the headband in is too funny! I'm still waiting for a dance video of him to the "tight pants" song!! Kellyn is so big, she looks so much more grown up in the last post. Her big smile is so endearing!!
Post a Comment