I won't go into every detail, but I DID want to post a few things that made me laugh.
Camden made these Mother's Day papers for me at school and THIS was the cover:
He said he wanted to draw me with my "poison ivy face". hahaha (and apparently I need a new highlight?)
I always laugh at how they perceive me and what my "favorites" are:
Wow, HOW DID HE KNOW my FAVORITE place to shop was Walmart?!?!? ;)
For the record I don't take them to Conestee park (where we catch frogs) every night (ya know, I HAVE A LIFE!!!! Like I need some nights open to go shopping at Walmart! HELLO!), but it's sweet that he thinks that.
It also makes me laugh that if he could give me anything in the world it would be another dog. Did he miss when it was ME that gave away the last one?!?!?
I'll admit though, the card I look most forward to is from my husband. It ALWAYS makes me laugh and then makes me cry tears of happiness. And this year he did NOT disappoint. Check out the cover of the card he made me:
I obviously won't write down the whole card here (it's personal, silly!), but the first paragraph made me literally laugh out loud......
"What do I say to a mom who is perfect? Nothing. So, I guess since you're not quite perfect I can say a lot."
Man, I love that guy.
I'm in charge of teaching music to all the children ages 18 months-11 yrs at church. It's my favorite thing to do. Anyway, on Mother's Day I had them all go up to the front and sing one of my favorite songs, "Mother Tell me a Story". The children sing, then a mom sings then they sing together. It's a sweet song. Well, Aleeya (who is my loudest singer) wanted me to RECORD her singing the song when we got home from church. I thought, "Oh, that's sweet, I can send it to my mom and she'll love it". Sorry the first one is blurry, but you need to watch. (Sorry it's sideways) I thought she only wanted to sing the kid's part, but little-did-I-know she wanted to sing the adult part at the end. (here's the link if you can't see it)
This girl can be the SWEETEST thing ever. And says "Yes M'am" and "Yes Sir" better then all my other kids. And she flashes her pearly whites. And is so helpful with Kellyn..........
BUT, lately she can just TURN ON A DIME and lo-ooooooose it. Like hormonal meltdown all the way. I'm so in trouble.
Anyway, APPARENTLY she wanted to sing the mom part so bad, but I knew she really didn't know it (because I didn't teach it), so you'll see how I had to sing along a little just to help her when to come in and ya know....... WITH THE WORDS!!!!!! Let's just say it didn't go over very well (AGAIN)...... (LINK)
Don't you just love all my beaded bracelets the kids made for me at church? I felt like they covered my whole arm. I loved it. Don't mind Brooks' voice calling from the kitchen during the song. He was asking whether the muffin cups needed to be sprayed w/ PAM or not. The boys and he were in the kitchen making dinner (we eat breakfast-for-dinner every Sunday) made up of my favorite foods. And for the record, Aleeya STILL let me hear it after I stopped recording!
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go dream of going to my "favorite restaurant".......Golden Corral. ;)





6 comments:
How cute are you and Aleeya singing! She just looks like a little mini you...so pretty!! The cards made me laugh, I loved hearing what Camden thought of your favorite things. Who doesn't like to make dinner and go to walmart in their "spare" time!! What a fun day! Brooks...so clever and funny!
...and yes, I did miss blogging!
One of the things I love too are the things my kids write about me. This year one wrote about how I paint all the time. Too funny.
Man, your poison ivy has really left it's mark at your place. It's still all the talk! I'm glad you're such a good sport about it. I think I'd have to let it die. Too many itchy memories!
If anyone deserves a great mother's day, it's you!
I love that last video! It was so fun watching it. I think it was sweet she gave you a hug even though she was a little upset. And the poison ivy mother's day card and drawings will make this mother's day unforgettable!
Last year Livie gave me a book like that. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even read it I was laughing/wheezing so hard. My favorite was one of the boys saying their favorite thing about you is that you "sometimes" help them.
Such a cute video. My darling Elena does random freak-outs like that when she's tired. Like this morning. Glad I'm not alone! :) The card from Brooks is hilarious. Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment