You wouldn't BELIEVE how excited my kids were to have Tio Bug come to visit us on his way moving cross-country!!!! RIGHT when the boys got home from school they headed out to the golf course w/ Bug and Brooks. I'm pretty sure it won't surprise you to know that they're pretty competitive.
So with Brooks winning by 5 strokes after the first 9 holes to go to losing by 2 strokes, it was a pretty monumental win for Tio Bug. Here is the congratulatory handshake after the win.
(I just love brothers.......)
But we really had some SUPER horrible weather. It was raining almost the whole time and kinda chilly. Kinda ruined our BIGTIME plans w/ Bug of more golfing, baseball practices, more frog-catching (I don't think Bug would've liked that anyway, but the kids wanted to show him. We sure know how to HOST, don't we? ;) ) and outdoor play.
We DID get a sorta-game in of baseball w/ the whole fam before it started raining again though..........which Bug's team won.
Aleeya wanted to crack ALL the eggs for breakfast so Tio Bug could know she could cook.
After baseball Brooks and Bug (his real name is Bronson, but to not confuse anyone, I'll just stick with "Bug") played a little one-on-one. Thankfully Brooks managed to pull out a win.
And also a win in the following dunk-over-my-brother display. It took him 3 times but he managed to do it.....and let me just say, he looked SUPER hot doing it too!!!!
Then Bug tried and landed on the driveway-dropoff part and rolled his ankle.
Let's just say "Dr.Smith" wasn't too sympathetic because he kept giggling when he was checking it out.
(the girls made up for it later during scripture reading though scratching Bug's leg and rubbing his ankle)
While the boys were outside playing basketball I went inside to check on the younger ones (when you don't know where they are and they're playing quietly, it's best to check on them). I found them like this.
They made a swing out of Aleeya's blanket for Royce and the two girls were "tied up". But they really weren't tied with anything, they just held their hands behind there and wouldn't move.......for like 20 minutes. I'm thinking I really like this game. We may have to play it more often.......like a LOT more often.
We went to StevieB's for their pizza buffet for dinner.....for their "last supper" before Fast Sunday.
Kellyn LOVES pizza crust!
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut apparently not the garlic flavoring on this crust.
It's a REAL big shocker Iris wasn't sitting by Bug (she wouldn't leave him alone), but here she is.......by me, with her BIG ol' pile of ranch dressing to dip her pizza and cheese sticks in. (I sheepishly take full credit for passing on that addiction)
Don't you LOVE our seating arrangements? I do too. Here is Royce sandwiched against the wall so he can't escape. We put Bronson on the end 1) because he has never-ending patience with Royce and 2) because he was so glued on that sports channel on the TV he wasn't going to move and therefore, either was Royce.
Brooks gave them all coins to go play in the arcade. The older boys conned Iris and Royce out of their coins......which turns out fine because they sat on these cars forever and "played" them with the "Insert a Coin" blinking on their screen the whole time.
But don't dis these cars because playing them can be pretty intense.
We really take it seriously around here.
Bug with his little twin.......who couldn't be serious in a picture to save his life.
Tio Bug just won best-uncle status around here. He gave BOTH of the girls a whole STINKIN bag of suckers (I can't wait to return the favor one day and give his daughter one....or two....or three bags of suckers)
We were really and truly sad when he left the next day. 2 nights was just too short. Iris woke up the next morning to find Tio Bug gone and she almost lost it.............
until she remembered her sucker bag.













2 comments:
That picture of Kellyn and the garlic bread is awesome. How fun that your brother came to visit! (Your brother...right?) I am sure there will be another chance for frog catching, right?! About the fondant, you'd be AWESOME with it! You make a mean pinata and would be so good with the cake bit. Me and pinatas on the other hand...not sure!
Oh yeah, I bet your kids where in heaven!!!!!! The picture of Bug and Brooks shaking hands is so funny because had Brooks won, Bug wouldn't have shaken his hand or smiled that big. And Kellyn's face with the garlic bread is priceless! She is just too cute!
Post a Comment