Thursday, August 9, 2012

Husbandless Sundays

I will have to say, I LOVE hearing how kids word things that they don't understand what's going on......like when they're diagnosing themselves. Sunday I had two funny little "phrase-ologies" that cracked me up.
Brooks was working all last weekend so I was all geered up for pulling a solo-Sunday and since I was teaching the lesson 3rd hour I had to have everything in order. I KNEW it wouldn't be a normal day when Aleeya woke me up telling me that "I feel a spikey thing in my bum when I go pee". :)
With that explanation I knew the poor girl was probably experiencing her first UTI. I had some pills on hand and gave them to her HOPING that they would do the job considering we were running out of time to make it to church. 

Oh, and speaking of church, this is how I noticed my skirt after church...........and it is ALSO the reason why it's easier to go to church w/ a husband, because he WOULD HAVE TOLD ME I HAD TWO BIG RIPS IN MY SKIRT. Lovely.

DURING church however, Camden complained of his belly hurting him (common thing since larger crowds usually make his stomach feel uneasy). I told him to rest his head on the bench. Then later he told me he was going to puke, so I let him out to run to the bathroom.......really and truly not thinking he had to. Well, turns out he DID have to puke and he DID NOT make it to the bathroom in time. Infact there are two marks on the ground in the hallway to prove it. A nice lady came in and got me while I left the others (I took Iris w/ me, because.....well.......she's Iris) with a sweet 11 year old that Royce loves. In the meantime a man had started putting on gloves and getting cleaning stuff out for me and actually cleaned up the whole mess for me (thank GOODNESS, because I'm not sure I could've stomached it w/ my little breakfast that I managed to squeeze in). I found Camden in the bathroom a little embarrassed to come out because his pants/outfit was a little dirty, so I cleaned him up and quarantined him to a room to lay down while I went in and relieved that sweet 11 year old.
Had I not been teaching later during the meetings I would've packed the kids up then and gone home, so Camden hung out with me for the next two hours. Poor kid said he felt better, but I wasn't going to send him to class w/ other kids (OF COURSE HE FELT BETTER, WHO DOESN'T AFTER THEY PUKE!!!!???)

We got home and hung out w/ some friends driving through from Winston Salem, the Waltons. It was fun to chat and visit. (while Camden just stayed upstairs in his bed the whole time) Then at dinner I noticed the kids not eating much. Royce felt a little warm and extra snuggly. Emerson started complaining about his back, his legs, etc. (body aches) and then when he grabbed his head and exclaimed out of frustration "SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BRAIN!!!!". His cute comment made me feel his head and my mom-meter was telling me it was a pretty high temp and later the thermometer confirmed it.........although I was never doubting the mom-meter to begin with......it's pretty reliable. ;)
Poor guy just kept crashing and felt awful.
 Most of the kids (except Bronson) were just in a daze the rest of the day. Not eating, laying around, snuggling and feeling rather awful.

Brooks got home about 9:30 that night and asked how the day went.
For some reason his question didn't seem so funny to me at the time but somehow a laugh came out. 
By the next afternoon everyone was back to normal. So crazy how fast some of those bugs can run through everyone's systems. I'm just grateful they all got it at the same time to get it over with!


 Oh, and here's a picture from yesterday w/ Camden doing "the best job yet" that I've assigned. The top of my roof is basically flat and gets a ton of leaves up there stuck and I hate that look, so I hoisted him up there (seriously, I'm sure that sight was entertaining alone to my neighbors) to blow off all the leaves.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Crazy, crazy church times! I love that you just deal with the situation and stick it out! I am sure many would have just told the RS pres, sorry, find someone else! Being able to cope with stuff like that makes you amazing! I LOVE the picture with Camden on the roof....ha ha ha...so fun! Oh and awesome job going to church solo! (Which I am sure you do/done MANY times.) That alone is a great feat!