Last Friday Grandma and RA flew in for a few days. The kids were sooooooo excited.
They got here early in the morning and said that they would be ready to go and play. So what do I do? I send them alone to the waterpark w/ Bronson, Camden, Emerson and Aleeya. They asked for it, right?
R.A. said the water was too cold, but sucked it up for 4 times to go down the slide w/ the younger two.
Grandma did such a good job "obeying orders" in taking pictures for me to see. I love their faces in these.
Friday was ALSO a big day because Brooks got the happy/shocking/relieving news that he passed his Pathology Boards (the test he took in Florida back in May)!!!!! I'm pretty sure he remained shocked the rest of the day because he would look at me and mouth, "I'm a BOARD CERTIFIED PATHOLOGIST!!!!" :) When I read the email w/ the news I immediately started crying.
And if it couldn't get better, RA and Grandma stayed home w/ the kiddos while Brooks and I made the long-ish drive to Columbia to go to the temple together......you know, like an actual DATE.......together.......alone to the temple. That doesn't happen people!!!! We usually take turns. (And yes, I kept looking over at him during the night so I could grasp that we were actually there together)
Most of my friends know that I HAVE to go to the temple w/ mints. Not just any mints, but these:
I call them my "temple mints". I unwrap a ton and just keep them in my pocket. You could blame it on pregnancy and going 2 hours w/o any food but honestly, I have them whether I'm pregnant or not. Anyway, I didn't have time to pick some of these up. Brooks picked up some other mints (really, I don't do other mints on temple trips) so I had them in my pocket.
For those who don't know, everyone dresses in complete white in the temple. It is the House of God and it represents the sacredness and purity of the place we are in. When I changed into my white dress my pocket felt a little heavier then usual. I reached down and in my pocket I FOUND SOME UNWRAPPED TEMPLE MINTS!!!! (the right ones!) I got so excited! It's actually pretty lame how excited I got.
I then remembered that I put some in there the last time I went for the just-in-case I didn't have any mints. I completely forgot that I had done that! But even KNOWING that I put them in there myself, I still got this warm feeling and a perma-grin on my face.....you know that feeling when someone does something REALLY nice for you and thought of you and it means the world? Yep, I got THAT feeling, for something I did for myself.
So weird, but it gave Brooks and I a good laugh about it anyway.....I'm clearly easy to please.
Then on the long drive home we had fun playing w/ Brooks iphone (that the hospital gave him for free).....it has this Siri thing that you talk to and ask her questions and she helps you out/searches the web, etc. We giggled and giggled asking questions like, "Siri, do you think I'm fat?" "Siri, do you have a boyfriend?"......hahaha, we're so funny.
Oh, and Siri said that I'm not fat, so I believe her. ;) I like her already.






4 comments:
So fun that we were both in the temple WITH our husbands this weekend!! Congrats to Brooks; so awesome!
Hahaha! Siri is the best! That is so funny. Does she have a boyfriend? When we went on our last double date with the Pearsons before they moved, we reprogrammed David's Siri to call him "Bootylicious" but she couldn't pronounce it and called him "Boot-uh-lishus." All you have to do is say, "Siri, call me..." whatever. Just in CASE you want to mess with Brooks' iPhone. Which I'm sure you never would.
Yay tender mercies, right? Even if it's only "temple mints" ;)
So glad you were able to enjoy a session TOGETHER!
I can't believe you smuggle mints into the temple! Why didn't I think of that?
And speaking of fat, the last time I went to the temple, I walked in to the waiting area and the sisters were counting how many people were there. So I walk in and they turn to each other and say, "Should we count her as two?" and the other one says, "Maybe three." And they are old enough that they don't know how loud they are talking, but I could totally hear them. Siri thinks I'm fat. Or Heavenly Father is trying to prepare me for surprise twins.
I hope I'm just fat :)
Post a Comment