Saturday, August 4, 2012

EIGHT!!!

I would LIKE to say "it seems like yesterday that we were getting ready for medical school orientation"...
 or that "time has just flown by so fast since Camden was born the first day of medical school"
 buuuuuuut, well, it seems like 8 years ago (possibly longer) because it was!!!! 
CAMDEN IS FINALLY 8!!!!

He only wanted 2 friends to his party, so that's what he got. I left the younger 3 home w/ a babysitter and took these rascals to go go-karting.
 (this picture was taken BEFORE the go-karts, because if it was taken AFTER Bronson wouldn't have been smiling so big, considering he came in dead last......and the only girl there came in first!) ;)

There's the birthday boy!!!!

I mentioned before my boys' obsession w/ Beyblades, right? Well, it's still going strong and Camden was pretty excited to get 6 new ones. (he looks so handsome here)

He wanted hot dogs cooked on the "cool hot dogger" and a specialized cake that goes like this: "cake, then a layer of peaches, cake, then pears, cake and then blueberries on top". Since that's what he wanted, that's what he got (and to be honest, don't try it, it wasn't that good).

AND WHAT KIND OF MOM DOESN'T HAVE BIRTHDAY CANDLES ON HAND?!?!? Ugh. 
Well, the Glade peach candle worked nicely in w/ the cake, don't you think? 

Now for the Beyblade pinata........thanks to a recent microwave purchase we had some funky materials to work with.......oh and some Little Cesar's cheese sticks boxes. :)  Here's the work in process, which was REALLY tricky trying to fit into our Olympics-addiction schedule.

Camden wanted to do all the painting because he knew EXACTLY which beyblade he wanted it to look like.....a specific "L Drago". I just did the dragon symbol thing for him. He was so pleased w/ it and super excited.
and even MORE pleased w/ all the treats inside (which is why he invited only two so "there would be more treats").
Smart kid. Love him.

3 comments:

cathgrace said...

Ha, Ha! I thought for a brief second that you were making a twins announcement when I saw the preggers picture and the #8!

McKenna said...

Okay, do you feel like you always have a birthday to plan? I don't know how you do it! Grace FREAKS out anytime we celebrate anyone who isn't her. So much drama...
And I totally thought you were announcing twins, also! :)

Emma and Dan said...

Aren't simple parties the best? I love that you make pinatas. You are the coolest. I always buy them, but I make the kids choose one of the $10 ones. Lame.

It is super hard to get the things done that I would like to with the Olympics on. Especially: unpacking.