Just as our Savior Jesus Christ was once baptized, so shall we follow His example.
On August 11th, my sweet second born, Camden, did just that.
His baptism wasn't until 6pm, so the day started w/ Camden and the "men" golfing and coming back for Camden's requested "dinner"......cereal, cinnamon rolls and fruit. :)
We got everyone ready and loaded up to get there about 5 minutes early. (check out my handsome baby boy, Royce)
Shortly after this picture was taken did Grandma remember that she had actually FORGOTTEN her whole talk/visuals at home. So we turned around and ran home to get them. :)
Here we are right after we got to the church.......the whole clan of us. And yes, you should pity Emerson being smashed between my arm and belly.
Here they are after they dressed in white. It's so neat to see them dressed in white and a wonderful reminder of the purity and holiness of the baptism.
We're so glad we got Grandma's things back at home because she sure gave a great talk on Baptism. Aleeya (and I...sort of) sang a song and RA was asked to give the talk on the Holy Ghost after the baptism and before Camden received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I couldn't help but take this picture because I think it's sweet that RA always cries through things like this.
And since this needs to be documented, I should probably mention something RA said in his talk. Well, at least Brooks thinks it's document-worthy because we have been laughing ever since about it.
RA (through tears) was trying to tell Camden what the Holy Ghost feels like to him so Camden could recognize the feeling in his own life. RA said that when he prays sometimes he'll feel "the hair on my arms stand up. Then the hair on my neck and my chest and my back will stand up too." and then he continued on with his talk.
Thank GOODNESS none of us were sitting together when he said that because we probably would've lost it. I wonder if Camden even tried to compute any of that or wondered how he would feel the Spirit if he does not have a hairy back or if he didn't even notice.
Either way, Bronson ("Tio Bug"), Brooks, Pat and I sure did and couldn't stop laughing the whole way home. Infact, it looks like this picture after the baptism that they STILL couldn't hold back their smiles.....
("Tio Bug, Camden, Brooks and RA)........the "men".
My sweet Camden with me and Brooks........and baby girl who just doesn't let me get as close to Camden as I would have liked.
We're so thankful RA, Grandma and Tio Bug came out for Camden's big day. We felt some major love from my parents as well in Brazil and know they would've liked to have been here.
But if there is ANY moment that I want captured forever in my heart and mind forever, it would be this image I happened to sneak in while sitting behind them before the meeting started. It's one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen.......it still brings tears to my eyes.
.jpg)









1 comment:
How wonderful! I love baptisms! And the baptism of your own child is just amazing. Cal will be baptized next year, and I am excited for it. Great pictures! You look amazing!
Post a Comment