The 4th grader.
I'm VERY excited about his cute morning teacher from Puerto Rico and his energetic teacher in the afternoon (who happens to be VERY pretty, so it will help w/ attention I'm sure........or maybe not so much?). No worries about this kid. He's got his "yes m'am"s down and loves to learn.
CHECK OUT MY 2nd GRADER!!!!!!!!
He actually has a SMILE on his face and was so excited to get to school. He kept saying he needed to go because he didn't want to be late.
This is actually a huge SHOCK because the past 2 years he has NOT been happy for school ......and actually cried the morning of on both years.
(see? from last year......)
I thought this year would be worse because they're going to a new school, new kids, etc. Large groups of people don't make him very comfortable either and makes his stomach feel anxious.
So what's the difference this year?
HIS TEACHER!!!!!!!!! She's this super energetic lady from Puerto Rico that gave him a HUGE hug on Back to School night and showed him her 2 hamsters in class. That's all he's been talking about since is that his teacher is so nice and has hamsters. :) She sure knew how to win his heart over w/ her animals!!!! I'm so excited to hear about his day.
And this 1st grader is ALWAYS excited to go meet new buddies.......my little social butterfly.
I gave them all haircuts last weekend and after I finished Emerson grabbed a set up scissors and decided to "trim" the front. There are about 5 "divots" in his hair now that are RIGHT stinkin' next to his skull (I would have to shave his head to make it even). Brooks TRIED to discourage him from doing that again by telling him he'll look silly at school, etc. (aren't we great parents?) but Emerson stands by the fact that he thinks it looks cool. However, I WILL get my way and cut it soon......I just need to let it grow a tad more. This picture doesn't show the other 4 marks on the top of his head, but trust me, anyone would notice them.
Emerson's Spanish/afternoon teacher is a quiet spoken lady from Spain. I smiled thinking of my loudest speaking child in her class. BUENA SUERTE to her!
The handsome boys getting ready to head out the door to the traditional breakfast w/ Dad @ IHOP on the first day of school.
(we are STILL shocked Brooks was able to get off. He's always there at 4 or at the latest 4:45 to do rounds on his patients, but his attending said yesterday out of the blue that he doesn't want to check everything off until 9. Thank you Heavenly Father for making that one happen for these excited boys!)





No comments:
Post a Comment