Thursday, September 1, 2011

Meet "Ducky"

What? Did you expect Camden to have caught another duck? No. Meet the REAL "Ducky".....

He got his sweet nickname from these....
If you'll notice his 2nd and 3rd toes are connected on both feet. I absolutely love them and they are SOOO cute and endearing on him.
Well, back to his nickname. A month ago the boys and I were watching "Wipe Out" (big shocker huh?) and Camden noticed Royce's toes for the first time. The boys were mesmerized with them. Camden said, "Wow, Royce is sure going to be a good swimmer when HE grows up." Then Emerson said that they were like a duck's feet....and wa-lah, his new nickname.

But it's the underside of his toes that you can see it the best, so I HAD to include a picture of it. I'm pretty sure there are not a set of webbed toes like these in the WORLD that have been kissed more then Ducky's.
These two.........Sheesh. Does anyone see a problem with the dairy-allergic child throwing handfulls of cheese into her mouth?!?!?!? or introducing my 8-month old to shredded cheese?!!?
You can tell by the look on Iris' face that she's not sorry at ALL for what she did and will stand her ground......she usually does.

4 comments:

Maria said...

To funny, I actually worked on a research study at the U during college. It's pretty prominate in Logan, UT. We would go get DNA samples at family reunions. Have you figured out if any other family memebers have it?? It is kind of a fun way to do geneology

hughesfamily said...

He is adorable. I agree- the ducky feet are even more endearing on him. Precious!

Anonymous said...

Those look like some yummy ducky toes! Edible! Hope you are well, and missin' your wonderful self!

Garnerfam said...

Royce is seriously the cutest baby ever! Love his cute little toes!!