About 20 miles down the road was a park full of sand dunes, Jordan State Park. It's pretty close to where the Wright Brothers flew the first airplane. Anyway, we loaded the kiddos up and made our way down there.

(I just love that bunch....they are so cute)
It was kind of a little walk to get to the big ones though. Iris gets spoiled by her older brothers though (ALL.THE.TIME!) and so she got some extra help.

We went up some steeper hills that almost KILLED the kids......or you would have thought by the way they were panting....Aleeya and Iris pulling up the rear, with purse in tote.

Once we got to the top though, the jumping commenced.

And the throw-your-posterity-off-the-ridge game did as well.

Aleeya just slid down the hill......w/ her purse, of course.

And I got some MAJOR air when I jumped...............not.

And as always, he showed me up. :)

The Royce Man liked it too.

With all that exercising going on, Brooks and I decided to take a break.......I like those kinds of breaks. ;)

So you're probably thinking it was all fun and dandy and the kids LOVED every minute of it.....to be honest, they got burned out FAST. We forgot water, they were hot and kept getting SUPER tired of being there. See?

I know you think this is just a picture of Royce, but please notice the President of the party pooper club in the background that was BEGGING to go home and melting into the sand.

We told him we weren't leaving until Emerson and Daddy were done building their tunnel, and well.....we got this reaction.

And since we were NOT leaving in a timely matter (according to Camden), he just upped and left. ....or shall I say, stormed off. He started the long-ish walk back to the Yeti.

Brooks thought it would be a GREAT idea for us to leave the other way to teach Camden a lesson that he needs to stay w/ us. So the kids all ran the other way down the dunes and I reluctantly walked down HOPING that Brooks' "lesson" wouldn't have me left w/ one less child.
As Brooks thought would happen, Camden looked back and didn't see us, it freaked him out so he came back, etc. Brooks caught up to him (while I hiked out holding 2 kids through the sand......all in the name of a lesson that needed to be taught.......seriously, the things I do!) and had a nice long one on one talk w/ him.
The plus side about this little outing? Well, I got some cool pictures, my kids got to meet sand dunes, and the BEST part was we found a 7-11 on the way back to the beach house (we don't have any where we live!)
2 comments:
Camden quit crying you baby!!!!!!!
I AM SO glad you took a ton of pictures and shared them here!! LOVE IT!
Post a Comment