Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Leavin'

Brooks is goin' home (to attend his brother's wedding) and leaving for a week. Last night he was packing his bag and the kids saw. So this morning Aleeya saw the bag was gone and asked if Daddy already went on the airplane. I told her no, and that he had to go to work first and THEN he would go on an airplane. Then for some reason I decided to ask her what Daddy actually DOES at work.

She said, "Changes his clothes" (Brooks rides his bike so leaves and comes home in workout-like clothes but when we SEE him there for lunch or whatever he's in nice dress clothes, so she must have made that observation).
Me- "What else?"
Aleeya- "He probably put some stamps on his hands too.......then changes his clothes some more. He changes his clothes EIGHT TIMES AT WORK!"
Me- "So, is that all he does, is play with stamps and change his clothes?"
Aleeya- "Yep".

I was amused by what she thought Brooks did at work everyday (you know, TO EARN AN INCOME), so I asked the others.

Emerson just said he "helped people and gave them shots". Makes sense, that's his only encounter with doctors

Camden said, "he helped people and helped those with hearts that don't work"......well, considering Brooks DOES work with some dead people, I guess that's closer.

Bronson, is the only one who has actually had a tour w/ Brooks at his work and here's what he said, "Well, he gets up REALLY early and rides his bike. Then he goes and exercises and gets ready. He gets there early so he can practice a little (not sure what he would PRACTICE exactly) and read some books. Then he does Autopsies."
Me- What are autopsies?
Bronson- "It's where they cut people open to find out what's wrong with them and why they died"

Hmmmm, not too shabby. Looks like Brooks will have to take the others to work to explain a little more what he does.

And for Aleeya's sake, he BETTER not forget to give them all stamps on their hands.

3 comments:

The Ward's said...

Oh how I love this! I think that I actually do do what Aleeya thinks Brooks does. . I'm pretty sure I change my cloths a lot during the day and give my self stamps when I'm a good mom! YOur kids are so funny. I'm going to ask my kids that question now!

Miles said...

Our kids say that Dad goes to work to make money, so whenever they go to his work, they're confused that alls they see are computers, and not gold coins and lots of money floating around.

I didn't know Brooks did autopsies.. creepy!

Good luck this week husbandless.. i know you'll have fun painting the house or whatever surprise you have up your sleeve for him!

Rachel K said...

So cute. My kids all think Brad watches TV for a living because when they see him in his office the TV is ALWAYS on CNBC and a lot of times CNBC is even on downstairs and Brad is watching it. It's probably actually mostly accurate. =)