So I guess to go along w/ President's Day Emerson's preschool class (taught by the ever-talented and AWESOME Andrea), learned about America, Presidents, the flag, patriotism, etc.
When he got in the Yeti he said
"Mom did you know that George Washington was the FIRST prophet of the United States of America?!?!"
Me- "No, Emerson he was the first PRESIDENT"
Emerson- "Who was the second president?"
Me- "John Adams"
(I started getting worried here wondering if I would be able to remember more presidents in order because I KNEW he was going to keep asking until I was stumped)
Emerson- "Who was the 3rd?.................Oh wait, I already know who it was. It was John Taylor. Because it says in the song, 'John Taylor came 3rd we know'. "
Man, life is NEVER dull with kids!
5 comments:
This is so funny. Mine can't differentiate the prophets from the presidents, either.
That's funny, I like it. Good song too. It's the only way I could remember all the presidents. =)
I used to teach the sunbeams years ago and i still remember teaching them about the prophets. I asked them who the living prophet was today and they answered President Bush. I couldn't help but laugh. Kids are so cute!
We did presidents for Blue and Gold last night, I had no idea who half the presidents were. Wait until they bring home 4th grade math that you can't figure out. Oh! the joys of motherhood and how much we forget.
When I was little I ALWAYS got confused as to who was the Prophet and who was the President!
Post a Comment