Friday, February 4, 2011

MAJOR sista bonding

My awesome sister Jess flew all the way out from Utah to go to the US National Figure Skating Competition with me!!!! We used to watch skating ALL the time growing up and despite us feeling like JUNK with the flu (I was just starting to get over it and my sister just getting it......we felt like junk) we had the BEST time............okay, so maybe we couldn't scream, squeal and act like 12-year-old girls as much as we wanted w/ no voices, but we did our best to embarrass ourselves.

Here we are the first night......Men's short program Championship.
The next day was an ALL DAY THING: Pairs short and long programs, Ice Dancing and Women's Long Program Championships.
Here we are sitting next to our newly made Pentacostal friends. They were awesome.

and it was the WEIRDEST thing, because my ticket SAID to make sure to dress like a Sprite can. So I obeyed.


And BECAUSE I dressed like a Sprite can, they awarded me by telling me I could go down and skate with Rachel Flatt (who must've been told to dress like a Bubbly Strawberry Fanta can)!!!!


How cool is that, right?!?!?Buuuuuuuut, since I forgot my skates, I told HER to come to me. She made me feel a little.....well......more covered.

Then at lunch time, we went outside to get our lunch out of the bushes that we stashed since they didn't allow us to take in food.
Lucky me though, I took my pump and had a refrigerated section that the security people didn't check. Infact, their faces were so funny when they started checking my bag. The conversation went like this:
Me: "Hi"
Guard Man: "Let me check your bag please."
Me: "Okay........(noticing his confused look), It's my pump"
Guard Man: (obviously didn't hear what I just said) "I've never seen a bag like this. How do you open it."
I opened it and then said again, "It's my pump"
(he kept trying to get it open)
......"for my milk".
Guard Man: "Oh, oh, oh (clearly embarrassed), then go right on in."

Thank you Mr. Guard Man, and thank you for letting me bring in my yogurt, red vines, jellybeans and Clementines. You know, the essentials.

And can YOU BELIEVE I could actually leave this sweet face behind for a WHOLE DAY?!?!?
Brooks was actually feeling the effects of the flu all the day, along w/ Royce, so those two were a miserable pair. This flu has been a vicious and no-respector-of-persons kind of thing that started over 2 weeks ago and STILL lingers here.

But really, my weekend w/ my sister was the best. The girls ESPECIALLY loved my sister, wouldn't leave her alone and I don't think I could COUNT how many Uno, Connect 4 and Spot It games Jess played with my boys. I have missed her like crazy so it was sooooo nice to have her here!!!!

7 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I WISH my sisters would come visit me!! Looks like you had fun and that littlest pumpkin of yours is soooooo cute!

McKenna said...

Whatever that you just had a baby and you are lookin' so trim already! I love the picture of you grabbing your hidden lunch. I've gotten all old and boring...it's nice to know that you're still you :) I could use some Melissa Style fun again!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad no one else confiscated your hidden lunch in the bushes! That's really a good idea! (But, I'm still laughing, too.)

That's so fun that Jessica came out...and you make a cute Sprite can. Next year's Halloween costume -- DONE!! :)

Chelsea said...

So fun! Sisters are the best! Love you both!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Wow, how fun! I have never even thought about going to something like that. How can you find out about where they compete? Guess google-it?

Anonymous said...

Sprite can? Pssh, whatev!

How awesome she invited you to skate. Maybe next time you'll leave the pump at home instead of your skates ;)

Valerie and Adam said...

The pump in the bag trick? I'll have to remember that for smuggling in the future! Sorry you've been feeling yucky, and I'm glad you had fun anyway!