Friday, October 23, 2009

Thou Shalt NOT Steal!

We had our first take-the-candy-back-to-the-store-because-you-stole-it party yesterday!
2 nights ago, Bronson brought out a candy/sucker/juice/weird-invention-looking-candy, Preston Niederhauser's watch (who was staying with us) and a toy that was under Camden's pillow.
Once confronted he had to tell Preston he was sorry, and last night he went back to the store to tell Food Lion sorry and pay for the candy. (which he's going to have to earn the money for that.....but between preschool/golfing/etc. we didn't have time for the work part)
Brooks took him there last night. I had Girl's Night so I didn't hear how it went.
This morning in the car I asked Camden what happened at the store:
"Fine! I told the guy I was sorry, I gave him some money and he gave me MORE money back (change), and he gave me the treat back too!"
Wow, wow, wow. It REALLY sounds like he learned his lesson! You see when you steal, you get MORE money AND the thing you stole..........hmmmmm, we may have to rethink this.
Here's Iris (the culprit of my chin hickie....that keeps getting darker and darker).
Everyone says she's just so little and skinny (I LOVE IT!), and nothing shows it better then a naked/diaper shot!!!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I guess the "working it off" part will have to be extra miserable, so he won't think stealing is a great deal anymore!
Aauugh! I've been there with the pint-sized theifs!

The Sanford Family said...

Funny! We had a similar story recently where Ethan took two quarters from a kid in his class. He had to write notes to the kid and his teacher, apologizing, and give the money back. His friends said he could keep the quarters. Hmmm... did this teach him? Well, he did admit his stomach hurt after he took the money. When I informed him that was the holy spirit telling him he made a wrong choice he said, "I know."

Kat Clark said...

I am cracking up over your recent posts! The chin hicky is hillarious. I wish you had gotten it on video so you could send it to AFV! I can't believe that man at the store gave him such an easy time. It was like he was asking for Camden to come back and steal again! Iris is a doll. She reminds me a bit of Violet and I don't know why. Sorry if that bugs you. I can't believe how much stuff you got and how much you paid for it all. You are amazing! If I had scored all of that food for that price I would have done the exact same thing. Line it up, take a picture. I miss you.