Our friends gave us free tickets to the circus, so on Saturday I took these 4 kids to the Shriner's Circus.
As UNFLATTERING as this picture is, it really depicts the feelings of everyone there:
1) Emerson REALLY bummed that I didn't bring money
(seriously, I didn't think about it!!! The tickets were free!!! And the people behind us just bought a glowing light saber.)
2) Iris still unsure about it
3) me, gripping 2 things: Royce (for obvious reasons) and my phone (because I was getting updates on Bronson and Camden's baseball game from Brooks)
4) Royce approaching his naptime
5) Aleeya BEYOND excited and so glad that "the best day ever" is finally here.
My nemesis.........
My kids endured cotton candy man after shaved ice man after glowing toys man passing them over and over......And before it started they had the elephant, horse, camels, etc down front w/ kids riding them (for $10 for one teeny circle of a walk!!!!). It was brutal. But I was kinda glad I DIDN'T bring money, because you really could've spend 100 bucks there (that's probably the point huh)
My favorite part was the guy who announced the thing. (ok, ok, THAT and the lady who could change her outfit in one second. It was pretty darn awesome) He was in his upper 70s and wore his Shriner's hat. Whenever there was music he would sit there and dance back and forth. It was hilarious.
The first "act" were these 6 "unusual spotted Camels. There are only 100 of these in the world".......odd thing was, they weren't even spotted. Anywho, they would run around in a circle and follow the person in front of them and NEVER deviate. I started wishing my kids would follow each other like that and thought maybe if I wore a colorful jacket like their trainer, it just might work.....then one of the camels butted in front of the other one and shoved him out of the way and I thought, "THAT'S more like it!"
During intermission we went down to see the animals...........and no, I didn't pay $10 each child to take a picture or ride anything
(the bears were Royce's favorite part)
One fast question............is it just me, or am I the ONLY person wondering why EVERY circus lady has to be wearing lingerie as she's training an elephant, swinging in a trapeze, riding a motorcycle or climbing ribbons high up in the air?!?!?! I couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed for all the wives sitting there w/ their husbands probably thinking, "don't look honey, don't look". Or the fact that my boy was sitting there watching this.
And before you think Emerson did NOT like the circus, he actually got into it.....especially this part:
One circus act had this woman walk out w/ a robe on before she was going to swing up in the air. Then the music started and she threw off her robe all dramatic-like revealing the sequined string bikini that she was wearing. Everything was silent........except Emerson.............who said a-little-too-loud, "EWWWWWWW" (THAT'S my boy!!!! however, I didn't like the smile on his face when he said it)
Favorite parts:
Emerson- acrobats doing flips/jumproping
Royce: the bears, his blankie
Aleeya: "the pretty girl doing flips"
(hopefully she didn't take note of her outfit)
Iris: the bears






4 comments:
We went to a Shriner's circus one time, and boy did the PUSH the goodies and the toys. It was overwhelming! I think it's awesome your forgot your money! (Maybe I shouldn't think that.) But I do think what a great moment for the kids...they can have a great/good time without purchasing things. The lady thing doesn't surprise me. Sadly it seems like people in general like to push the sex appeal bit.
That first picture is hilarious!! And, precious, of course.
Cotton candy and pictures with bears are totally overrated!
That picture of you and Aleeya is by far the best. The second best picture is the first one where you can see what's going on with everyone. We couldn't stop laughing at how Emerson said "EEWWWWWW" with a smile on his face. Gabe wanted to facetime him and ask him about it (just think about how that conversation would go, jajaja). And where was little Miss K?
You and Aleeya are so cute together!! She just looks like a little mini you, just beautiful! What a fun trip! I can't remember the last time I saw a circus. Brons and I love every Emerson story, he always makes us laugh :)
Post a Comment