Emerson turned 7.
Crazy because it seems like we've had him longer then that. He's always been such a happy, energetic and sociable kid.
and SPEAKING of "sociable" he has SO many friends that sometimes he just gets the idea to just ask random kids in his class to come (after I had already planned the party) and he passed out his phone number to have their moms call.
ANYWAY.....Saturday morning OF his birthday party I get a phone call from a mom. Of course, I said her boy could come and gave her the address. She didn't know me, I didn't know her, so I wanted to quickly warn her on the phone of my face so I didn't scare her off and have her wonder what type of monster fiesta she was leaving her boy at.
Here is Emerson on the morning of his party painting his "Baseball Mitt" pinata that he wanted so badly.
Yes, I said the "morning of". I felt like the whole week I was either itching, showering, laundering clothes/sheets to make sure everything was clear of poison ivy oil, running to baseball games and practices and itching at all times in between.
It kinda wasn't what I envisioned but all I had was a few long balloons and a milk jug, so we made it work. Emerson thinks it's actually the BEST, so that made me feel good.
He wanted "A300" written on in because "those are the best mitts". But I didn't know it was supposed to be written on the BACK of the mitt as Bronson, Brooks, Camden AND Emerson all pointed out. Whoops!
Mom PHOTOBOMB!!!!!
So all the boys show up and immediately start wrestling, even though 2 of them don't know the other 2. I just love boys.
While they were wrestling I was chatting with the moms. The one I didn't know walked up and I introduced myself and once again apologized for my face that was suffering the effects of poison ivy.
Then she pulled up her sleeve and showed me a patch of red bumps the size of a quarter and said,
"Oh, don't worry, I have poison ivy too"
*pause*
It took EVERYTHING in me not to just deck her right there on my front porch...okay, okay, maybe I'm not THAT mean, but I at least could've said, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you with my puffy ears, would you mind repeating that to my SWOLLEN FACE?!?!!?"
But I smiled (as much as my cheeks would let me) and then waved her off to start the party.
And when its your birthday party you don't have to wear a shirt, I guess.
Making ice cream sundaes.
Playing Beyblades
Emerson had a GREAT idea to THROW baseballs at the mitt pinata instead of using a bat.
It made it last a LOT longer and was more fun for the kids I think.
Maybe not so fun for Brooks who had to keep hopping the fence to go get the baseballs of the kids who couldn't aim.
Before the party ended I volunteered myself to run Camden to his baseball practice so Brooks had to face the moms again and partly so I could sit in the car w/ ice packs on my cheeks.
Happy Birthday little man!








3 comments:
The kids parties always look like so much fun! And I'll say it again...you are a trooper! I would have tried to convince my kids their birthday was a different day to get out of throwing the party until I felt all better. Tell Emerbop happy birthday from Tia Linsey. FYI Brons is secretly hoping you're not totally better when he comes, because he wants to see the "poison ivy affect" in person. I know, I married a real sweetheart! You can deck him and that mom if you want :) Wish I was coming too, but obviously for other reasons.
Jajaja I love all the faces Emerson pulled and how he's not wearing a shirt. And the pinata turned out great!! I think my favorite part was where they got to make their own ice cream sundays, YUMMY!!!!!
I remember when Emerson was born! Oh my! He was such a happy baby, too. Adorable.
Your kids' parties always look like so much fun! And, I am with Emerson... That piñata is awesome! What a fun tradition for all of your kids.
And I know I mentally commented on your poison ivy post at least twice! Apparently I didn't actually leave the comment? You are such a trooper. Seriously, you are the best. Those pictures look so painful but only you would think to photograph the progression and do a documentation post! It was hilarious for us, but I sure hope you are all better now!
Post a Comment