Most people view the word "Progression" as a good thing. Welp, THIS week the progression of my poison ivy hasn't been all too good on me. Since the first of last week I had been on steroid pills/creams/benedryl, you name it and it hasn't really gotten better. Apparently some people are "more sensitive" then others. Um, UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!
So for documentation reasons and for your entertainment, I give you the day-by-day of my face. (trust me, you'll thank me for not showing the poison ivy on the other parts of my body)
Friday morning:
I woke up and my face felt like it was going to BURN OFF!!!!!
I kept singing the song, "THIS GIRL IS ON FI-RE!!!!!!" all day long.
I also had a hair appointment that day.
Note to self: when your face needs a constant ice pack on it, do not, I REPEAT DO NOT, let the hairdresser put you under the hair dryer space dome!!!
Saturday:
Emerson walked in my room in the morning and said, " WHOA".
Then I looked in the mirror. "Whoa" is RIGHT!
Aaaaaaaaaaand, I guess I won't be sticking my contacts in today.....or um, wear make-up since I can't find my eyelashes.
As painful/stressed/uncomfortable as my face was, it still made us laugh pretty hard. Especially when I would get in Royce or Kellyn's face and say "A Booga Booga" like a giant Wiki Tiki Statue.
Brooks kept saying, "I just can't take you seriously with that face"
I mean, I had a BUILT-IN joke to use whenever I wanted!!!!
But Saturday was a BIG day.......it was Emerson's bday party (I'll blog later about that) so I had to get ready, because afterall, who wants to scare the party guests away?!?!?
Um.....okay, so maybe I can't really "get ready" but that's as good as it got.
Saturday was also a big day because my brother was getting married back in Utah and a ton of my family were all together. My mom even flew up from Brazil for it!!! I couldn't help but be VERY grateful that I didn't fly out there for it after seeing my face. Wouldn't that be lovely to have my face PHOTOBOMB EVERY WEDDING PICTURE?!?!?!?
Yea, it's a good thing I didn't go.
That night Brooks took the 5 older kids to a church party while I stayed home....Quasimodo-style.
While there, he kept texting me "tried-and-true" tips for poison ivy that all the people there had used. I started to try some because the tips on the computer were NOT helping and those peeps there DID grow up by a lot of woods, so they probably know, right?
Let's just say, do NOT ever put bleach on poison ivy on your belly.
Never. Ever. You will be singing in octaves you have never sung in.
So while the fam was at the party, Royce and I just soaked in a baking soda bath to offset the bleach.
I'm a party animal like that.
One GOOD thing came out of it though, Brooks came home w/ a new cream Ivarest, that after showering and putting on allowed me to sleep through the night w/o itching for the first time in a long time!!!
Sunday:
Yea, I don't think I'll be going to church today.
The poison ivy started bruising (?!?!?) my upper legs and blisters came on my hands Sunday night.
Monday:
it's going down, right? Maybe? And let me tell ya, pushing up those cheeks to smile is QUITE the workout. And a 1 and a 2 and a 3.......
I was going to take off my wedding band to knead the cinnamon roll dough, but the blister on my finger had other plans.....
Yesterday morning, I was getting on Iris for something. She never looks in my eyes when I talk to her, so like always, I said, "Iris, look in my eyes."
Then she cocked her head and said, "I can't see them weewy well".
hahahaha
After consulting w/ other ER docs and other docs w/ Brooks he came home w/ a double dose of the steroid pills......like a dose that you might give an "Extreme case" (YA THINK?!?!?)
I took my first day this morning (Tuesday). Here's wishing.............
And remember, "You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"
(For those that have asked, Iris had it a little on her neck for MAYBE one day. Camden had itchy red stuff over his chest/arms/hands for about 4 days and a blotchy face for 2 days. It puffed up a tad, but nothing like the mothership pictured above)











10 comments:
This is insane. You're even hilarious when you're miserable. I'm still studying the pics and trying to find some resemblance of you, but I still can't. OUCH. I hope it clears up today. Are the kids broken out that badly?
Oh my heck! You can't even tell that it's you! So sorry. It looks painful, and so not fun:(
Just so you know you are going to want to be extra careful around it because each time you get it, it will be worse than the time before.
Once again...I am so sorry! It looks as if it's getting worse...is it getting better??? You are such a trooper.
I can't even try to make a funny comment. I mean that is just a big bummer. I had poison ivy once and I thought I was going to die but now that I see this I realize I was such a wimp. So so sorry.
I can empathise. Dan and I got into ivy cleaning out a cemetery last fall with the scouts. I looked like Charles Laughton's Quasimodo the day I was to address the county commission. At least it held their attention. The weeping sores on Dan't arms took over a month to heal. I think we need some sort of medal.
You are awesome for many reasons, but mostly because you shared this with us!!
That super stinks!!! Glad you got the steroid pills--they should help. You seriously don't look like yourself. :) I really do hope you feel better soon... NOT FUN!
This is so crazy. Now I know how they get those great before-and-after shots of people's faces for weight loss or skin care stuff. Just rub poison ivy all over their face for the before shot. Hope it goes down SOON.
Which brother got married?!? I didn't know anything about this.
Post a Comment