I'm often teased on how I'm all about the smells.
I smell everything.
Before I EAT anything, I usually smell it.......you know for kind of a sense of what it will taste like.
Because of the diet-thing I've been on for a few weeks, I've REALLY missed some tastes,
but I will NOT give in.
So I figured out another way to sorta feel satisfied.
I went on a HUGE muffin baking spree today just so I could SMELL all the smells in my house and put a ton in the freezer for breakfasts and packed school lunches.
I didn't want y'all to feel left out so here is my absolute, hands-down FAVORITE homemade blueberry muffin recipe:
(I think I've mentioned before how I'm a HUGE blueberry muffin snob!! Like really big!)
(I used brown sugar instead of white sugar for the streusel topping though)
Then my kids requested some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Mix together:
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1- 16oz can of pumpkin
1.5 c. oil
(I usually add a LOT more pumpkin and less oil)
Once mixed then add:
3 c. flour
2 t. soda
2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
Then add:
1/2 a bag to a whole bag of chocolate chips
400 degrees for 16-20 minutes. Makes 24-30 muffins
Then we doubled this recipe from my friend, Robin. (she's a MAJOR good cook and previous Home-Ec teacher) It's for Banana Cake w/ Cream Cheese Topping:
(I make them in cupcake liners though)
2.5 c. flour
1 t. soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
3/4 cup butter
1.5 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. sour milk or buttermilk
1 t. vanilla
1 1/4 c. mashed bananas
1/2 cup nuts (I never add the nuts though)
Add milk and vanilla to bananas. In separate bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat. Stir in dry ingredients and banana mixture. Fold in nuts. Makes 2 layers or one 9 x 13. Bake at 350 for 25 min for 2 round cakes or 40-45 for a 9x13.
Cream Cheese frosting:
4 cups powdered sugar
2 T butter, softened
1-2 T milk
1 t vanilla
8 oz. cream cheese
Mix the cream cheese alone so it gets smooth. Then add the butter and sugar. Mix together and add vanilla and milk. With the milk just start with 1 T and mix. A little milk goes a long way.
Seriously, it's SO yummy. I ate it at a church party and then I hunted down who made it so I could get the recipe from her. My neighbors always ask me to make these for them.
So yes, today my house and kitchen smell to die for..................and in 2 days, I'm going to dig these buggers out and devour them myself!!!
3 comments:
These sound delicious! I copied the recipes. YUM.
Keep us posted on the results!
Wow, what yummy recipes! I remember when I was pregnant with the girls I was in Walmart and the roasted chicken smelled SO good that day and actually helped relieve my sickness a little. I think smerapy (my made up smell-therapy) is a great idea! You're going to do awesome on your competition! I've been thinking about you! Passing along a cyber cheer...Go Mel-iss-a! Go Mel-iss-a!
Yes. We finally got around to having someone take a picture of all of us that is moderately acceptable. Will we ever have a picture where they are all looking at the camera and smiling? Um no.
Post a Comment