I've got quite a few "gym buddies" now I see quite regularly at the gym. I love them.
Through Brooks' work they gave us a killer discount to all local YMCAs and also the "Life Center" by his hospital. The YMCA seems like such a "meat market" and an "my -outfit-is-better-then-your's" kind of place sometimes. Especially during the 5-6pm hour. The Life Center is actually my favorite gym to go to because it has an AWESOME gym and 98% of the people that workout there when I go are over 75 years old.
They have pulmonary tests/exercises for them and cardio monitoring and many health professionals around there. I love these people.
There's like a "breakfast group" of men that sit around the tables when you walk in w/ their coffee. They always say hi to the kiddos and comment on the large size of Kellyn's bow on her head.......every. morning. Then there's my Price is Right buddy named Charlie. After I do my hard core workout I chill on a cardio machine w/ him and we watch Price is Right together. (he's 85)
He's like me..........we're not sure if we like the new male models serving as "Barker's Beauties". I usually beat him at the price-guessing, but he's better during the showcase showdown part.
I hear more grandkids' stories to last a lifetime, I'll tell ya what!!!
Plus when people find out that I have 7 kids there, it's not that big of a deal because I'll hear comments like, "Oh, I have 6 siblings! How lovely", or "you don't see too many families the size like I grew up with anymore".
Ms. Virginia always tells me how blessed I am everytime I walk in.
I just try to avoid the bathrooms/dressing rooms though. Aqua-aerobics for the elderly ends the time I usually go so it's not really the kind of "socializing" I'm used to with them all not really wearing anything.
But as WONDERFUL as all my friends there are, my BEST workout buddy is this little man doing lunges with me....
and squats......
Dollface.
Competition update:
I moved up to 3rd place and instead of being 3% away from the 2 leaders I cut it down to 2%!!! Two weigh-ins to go. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm on a different diet and exercise plan this week to kindaa "shake things up a bit" and it's really kicking my hiney. (thanks to my sis) Summary? I basically eat egg whites, greens and chicken........ALL DAY.....w/ one carb in the morning (brown rice) before noon w/ crazy/different workouts every day. (It's patterned after the Fast Track 6-week-total-body-makeover stuff) I'm already seeing results, so hopefully it's enough.


5 comments:
I demand a photo of your hot, starving, skinny self!
I'm pretty sure you were skinny to begin with, so I am very curious as to what you are looking like these days!! And you better be off this little diet thing when the jolly rancher jelly beans come around...
I love imagining those older people watching your kids. And I am so curious how you are making that diet work. Do you have a meal plan, or do you just think of what a bunny would eat?
I wish I could squat as low as Royce!!
umm, do you have anything to lose? Glad your stayin' healthy and lovin' it! Shed a few pounds for the rest of us! :)
Post a Comment