Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm in

Everyone likes to be accepted, belong to something or be a part of a club.

I'm in a lot of "clubs" already, namely:

-15 Passenger Van Club
you wouldn't know it, but there are a TON of construction dudes, plumbers and mexicans that are BEGGING to get in
-The Relief Society
the women's society in my church is actually the largest women's society in the world!
-The Undershirt Club
you can spot us members pretty easily because we wear an undershirt. The purpose? Well, it's so when we do NOT have a kleenex or a place to wipe our hands that we use the INSIDE of the our outer shirt so it's not against our skin, but no one can see the food/children's boogers, or whatever. The options are endless really.
-The Uni-dextrous Club
As opposed to being AMBIDEXTROUS, I can actually do almost everything during the day w/ one hand......while the other one is busy holding a child, nursing or wiping children's boogers. (note: see "Undershirt Club" ). Try-outs for this club is VERY grueling and you must pass off things like "taking brownies out of the oven", "putting in your contacts" and "walking out of church w/ both arms full of children/diaper bag and a smile on your face". Like I said, it's serious stuff.
-And the Snack Sprinters
I've had to turn in my resignation to this club recently. I don't want to brag, but I was probably the most talented/fastest/best one in the club. It's all about sticking your kids to bed/naps and seeing WHO can get to the kitchen the FASTEST to eat all the snacks you didn't want to share when they were awake. Like I said, I was THE pro.

Why did I turn in my membership for that? Well, 5 weeks ago my sister and I joined THIS club:


Don't laugh. It's INTENSE.
There are 60 of us ladies, weigh-ins every Friday (percentage of your weight lost), challenges every week and plenty of smack talking on Facebook to keep me motivated. We all paid $30 to get in. 

Prizes/bribes? Oh yea:
1st place - $525

2nd place - $265

3rd place - $175

4th place - $65
There's an at-home winner as well that wins $60 (2 lowest % losers go to "at-home" status each week)
We have THREE more weigh-ins.
And just this past week I slid up to 4th place. (Did I mention there are 60 ladies?!?!?)
This is a HUGE thanks to my sis as my nutrition consultant, Brooks as my "trainer", and Kellyn as my daily calorie sucker. 
AND A BIG NO THANKS TO MY NEIGHBOR WHO KEEPS BRINGING ME OVER MY FAVORITE DOVE MILK CHOCOLATES!!!!!(they're waiting for me in my freezer....for 3 weeks)
So far I've lost 14 pounds in the 5 weigh-ins we've had and hopefully I can still kick it into gear, because the 1st and 2nd people are actually basically out of hoping-range now (they're killin it). 

Come 3 weeks though, I'm starting a new club. It will be called,
"If I see another vegetable or walk into another gym, I just might puke on you"
Anybody wanna join? The membership fee will be one LARGE bag of Twizzlers and a bag of chocolate covered almonds. Please put my name on the outside of the bag please.


5 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds fun...I noticed you were looking pretty good on Sunday. :)

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

WOW! Awesome clubs! Can't wait to hear about the Skinny Minnie club results. That is sweet you are 4th. I never would have guessed that you even needed to be in the club! I bet you look amazing! GO MELISSA!

PS--I was once in the 15-passenger van club...as a driver....I don't think I will ever be in it again in the future, so I'll live vicariously through you!

Miles said...

You're going to waste away to nothing. Where in the world are you finding 14 lbs to lose??? Please be careful, Melissa! Your baby needs your calories!

hughesfamily said...

You are so funny.

Suzanne said...

I want to know who is pocketing the EXTRA $710.00 that is NOT being handed out it prize money????!? If my math is correct, 60 people X $30 entry fee = $1,800.00, but the prize money doesn't equal that! If you want to earn big - even more than the weight loss peeps - ya gotta get in that "management" position, it sounds like to me!