Monday, February 4, 2013

He's pretty good

Granted, Brooks is good at basically EVERYTHING he does (except doing the girls' hair ), but at being a dad, he's GREAT at it. These kids have his UNDIVIDED attention from the moment he sets FOOT in the door home. He never brings his work home (he goes early to the library for that), and when he's here, he's 100% present. I love that.
We have a joke btw the 2 of us that we'll say, "This is not my life." We'll just say it when we REALLY don't want to do something (or don't have the energy to) with the kids. "This is not my life".......we live for them. To provide for them: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
And well, he does a pretty good job at that.
(good thing he doesn't read my blog, he would probably be super embarrassed me writing this)


And what got me thinking about all this? Well, this AMAZING video below. Trust me, it sums up my feelings perfectly. You won't regret watching this.
(oh, and just like the mom on the video, I "like naptime too") :)


Click here if the above video doesn't work.

I'm pretty lucky to have so many "Fathers" like this in my life to rely on.

5 comments:

Miles said...

Beautiful! That's the best picture in the world. Just HOW did you get them ALL smiling, even the baby?!! Perfect.

hughesfamily said...

That is the greatest picture. I want to print it out and hang it in MY house and pretend like it is my family. Brooks is amazing. (Well, you are, too, but this is about Brooks!). :)

I just love, love your kids' childhoods!

Adriana said...

I absolutely love that picture! It needs to be framed ASAP.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I also love that movie. So good! I thought it was funny when they showed the girl falling off of the stool, crying. LOVE the picture of Brooks and all the kids! Reminded me of the scripture in Psalms: Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them.....

Rachel K said...

Yep, that's one of my favorite mormon messages ever!