Thursday, November 8, 2012

That time of year again

Last Monday night for Family Home Evening we got our Gratitude Tree put up!!!!
(Truth be told, I like it more then my Christmas tree. It makes me happier and just in awe thinking about every leaf. I smile every time I walk past it).
After a lesson on the 10 Lepers from the Bible each family member got 5 leaves to write something they are thankful for........and if you do the math, that is 45 leaves on the tree! 
I had the kids help me think of what Royce and Kellyn WOULD be grateful for.
Here are a few:



This one was Aleeya's. I just love it.












And no, I did NOT prompt this one. The kids made up their's completely by themselves.



(I love that Emerson's "frend" is just singular....as if he only has one.) ;)



These  next 2 from Emerson and Camden crack me up for 2 reasons:
1) the boys do NOT always like church....trust me
 2) NEITHER of them know how to spell it. ;)






Bronson is my little science wiz. And yes, he REALLY feels strongly about how grateful he is that the sun doesn't nuke us here on earth everyday.


I'll give you ONE guess who's this one belongs to...... ;)
















This one is mine. I TRULY am grateful my parents on in Brazil serving a mission for 2 years. There have been times that I have felt some MAJOR extra help and received extra blessings because of their service. Before they left they were promised this would happen, and there are many in my family that can testify that it has come true.



Kellyn doesn't need much except some major snuggling and her "leche" (milk).


Yes, Bronson DOES have a huge talent in sports, and I'm glad he is grateful for it.





I just have loved seeing what they came up with!!! It's a constant reminder of how truly blessed I am.....even if I haven't been given kids that can spell. ;)

2 comments:

hughesfamily said...

I seriously want to be in your family! This is such a great idea! Bronson's ozone layer comment is too adorable!

Also...the mermaid in the birthday post!!! WOW! Lily was kinda looking at my computer with me, but I didn't let her see those pictures, because a mermaid pinata looks way too complicated for me; I didn't want her getting any ideas. Haha! So cute and creative...the nerds on top of the cake look awesome!

You are Super Mom. Truly.

Garett and Rachel said...

Wow your kids are way better at coming up with things then my kids. However, we do include Salta. Do you write them down and read them to the following year. We have are written for the last 3 years. Pretty funny! Yeah for the Christmas/thankful tree.