Thursday, November 29, 2012

My favorite room

There are MANY things that I would change about this house, but the HUGE selling point for me was the boys' room upstairs. They ABSOLUTELY love it. (Camden actually says he likes this house better then our last just because of his bedroom)
So if you walk in the house there will be some stairs going up (no door to their room.....makes it PERFECT to hear all their silly conversations at night that gives me entertainment)....that's their room.

Oh, and here's Aleeya dancing on the landing going up to their room. She thinks it's her stage and she'll just sing and sing and dance (ALL DAY!!!!)
 The door to the right is the girls' bedroom and the boys' is up the stairs....you can see Camden's bed up there. And yes, I realize I have NOT made Kellyn's stocking yet, but I'm workin' on it.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand, Aleeya is STILL dancing.
 The boys' room is the whole upstairs. It reminds me of a dorm room w/ the bed-dresser-bed-dresser look. I love it. The 4th bed is eventually for Royce when he's older, but we didn't have a place to store it so there's a 4th bed up there. It has a bathroom/shower up there for them too (THANK GOODNESS!!!!) and a desk and closet in the other corner.
I just LOVE all the space up there.

The other interesting thing is our only TV is up there too. We didn't want it in the living room (there isn't much room anyway) so their room was the only option. I was worried about it at first, but it has turned out to be the BEST. They can't watch it unless they ask, obviously, but it makes for some fun Saturday night football watching when they can just fall asleep in their beds. Plus, it is SUCH a good reminder to me that we, as adults should ONLY be watching things we would allow our kids to. I don't watch movies much, but if I DID it would only be something appropriate for them. It helps the whole hypocrite factor of us parents. Now, now, I don't watch horrible movies (and haven't even seen a PG-13 one in 4 years) but still, some PG "chick-flicks" might have scenes I really don't want my 3 BOYS watching, if you know what I mean.

In our smaller home here, I just think it's so fun that they have their AMPLE amount of space in their room!!! The only thing it's missing is a multiple-shower-head in the bathroom (just like the dorms) to make school mornings go a little faster. :)

3 comments:

hughesfamily said...

Aleeya dancing is the best part of the post! She is so joyful! I am so glad you got her a house with her own stage!!!

Your boys are so lucky to have each other and that awesome room! It's like a sleepover every night!!!

mfbingham said...

your boy's room reminds me of your older brother's room with the three all together too. :)

Adriana said...

I was (and still am) just like Aleeya dancing everywhere!! My dad would get so mad at me because I would even do it in public all the time. jajajja I love her happy spirit! And that is one awesome room the boys have up there. I couldn't thing of anything better than that.