Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Smile Winner

If anyone knows me, they would say I am the LEAST competitive person they know. I don't care if I win or lose and if I lose..........well, I don't give it another thought. For example, if I lost some lame smile contest it's not like I would refuse to blog about it for 6 days because I was pouting or anything. I mean really......I'm 31 years old for heaven's sake.

Trying to get the first smile from Kellyn wasn't really that big of a deal to me anyway. There were NO video cameras in my house taping me w/ hours and hours of me trying to get her to smile (only to make my cheeks KILL from pulling the weirdest faces and smiles).......so no one could prove it. Plus, when Kellyn WANTED to smile, I'm sure it would be for me. Besides AREN'T I THE ONE WITH HER (ALMOST) 24/7?!?!?

Last Wednesday, I took Bronson and Camden to scouts for one hour. We drive 25 minutes to our church so it doesn't make sense for me to come back home. I usually sit in the car and write in one of the kids' journals. I actually LOVE that time sitting and writing. I never take the time to do it at home because there's always some place to clean, , etc. We came back home and I resumed my spot on the couch w/ Kellyn to feed her..........YOU KNOW....TO KEEP HER ALIVE?!?!?!? She actually DID show me her gratitude by showing me a smile after I fed her. I looked at Brooks and SCREAMED/YELPED/GLOATED, "SHE SMILED AT ME!!!!!!!!!" (Not like it mattered though, like I said, because I'm not competitive and I don't mind losing.....it was strictly just to inform Brooks, that's all).

Instead of the "Unbelievable", "I can't believe you won", or "GAH!!!" I expected to hear from Brooks, he just looked over at me and calmly said, "Cool. She gave me 2 smiles while you were gone."

GAH!!!!!!

I was LITERALLY gone for a little under 2 hours. CLEARLY Kellyn forgets who keeps her alive.......... single-handedly!!!!!! Not only that, but she's been super stingy with her smiles SINCE then. (Hence the reason there is no picture of her smiling). I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't. I told Bronson the news and he just said, "Oh well, maybe I can be the first kid to make her smile." WHAT?!?!? Accepting defeat and the title of "loser" so easily?!?!?!!?

He must get that from me.

3 comments:

Miles said...

You are so funny!

Page said...

Funny, I guess I really am not competitive, because I don't remember who made Isla smile first!

I keep thinking about your last post where you said Kellyn gave you some good nights of sleep, and I am a little envious!! But happy for you!!

Emma and Dan said...

You are hilarious!