Monday, October 1, 2012

Daddy's CAMPING?!?!?

I REALIZE this sounds like a miracle when I say, "Brooks actually went camping"......but it's true. He went.
ACTUALLY, we were supposed to go to a beach house for the weekend w/ friends but they ended up not being able to go, so Brooks agreed to take the older 4 camping to the ward/church campout.
(Let me be clear....I DO like camping, but sleeping on the floor 10 days before my due date didn't sound like fun......nor did trying to keep up w/ water-magnet Royce)

Brooks was under STRICT instruction to take pictures, and he actually did w/ his phone. I was impressed.

Bronson trying to rock the "homemade" raft.
 Aleeya LOVED being considered one of the "big kids" and being allowed to go.
 Emerson (red shorts) and Aleeya playing w/ 2 friends. I love how much fun kids can have in nature.
 Friends of our's brought their pontoon AND LET THE BOYS DRIVE!!!!
Camden took it VERY seriously.
 Emerson, just had ONE thing in mind though........he wanted to go faster. This was taken right before he took the throttle (is that what it's called?) and just cranked it forward to go faster making everyone get thrown back in their seats. He thinks he's soooooooo funny.
 However, after seeing this picture of him in the mud, I think he's right.
 (Later that night when I saw other moms that had gone to the campout they mentioned how many mud wars their kids and my kids had, how much fun, etc. They said it in a way that I wouldn't have KNOWN how many mud wars went on.........Silly them. WHO do they think saw and did all the laundry when they got home?!?!? hahaha. I think it's fair to say, there was a LOT of dirt playin')

Check out Bronson (the little heart throb) in the upper left corner being chased by 3 girls. I don't blame those girls though.
 These 3 boys.............the 3 Musketeers, The 3 Stooges or whatever you want to call them. They are inseparable and so funny to watch in action.
 Here they are blocking together while playing football.
And that's actually how they sit by each other during Primary at church too every Sunday. They're so funny.
I WISHED Brooks would've gotten some pictures of the sleeping arrangements, because I think that would've been funny to see.

What did I do during all of this?!?!?
Well, I cleaned every room in my house, pulled out baby stuff, got presents wrapped for baby girl to give the kids in the hospital, colored a LOT w/ Iris, then spent a hour scrubbing off crayon from the walls from Royce. They were so good though. Crazy how the 2 "highest maintenance" (Because of their ages) kids are actually pretty easy when there's just 2 of them.
I put the kids down for a nap at 12:30 and laid down too. We all woke up at 4.
I even rented a movie FOR ME!!!! That would be the first time in over 3 years. Plus, it was a movie I thought the boys wouldn't want to see anyway, so it was extra fun. I watched "Mirror, Mirror". A Snow White/Julia Roberts movie and loved it.
I needed to stay up late doing something though because I DID have a long nap, but I also knew my mind wouldn't let me go to sleep at a regular time anyway. I was convinced that IF I were to go into labor early, it would be while Brooks was out of town (Bronson came 10 days early when Brooks was playing in an away basketball game in college........6 HOURS AWAY). I just needed to keep my mind off of that, and the movie and bath helped. OBVIOUSLY, I was worrying in vain, because baby girl is just fine where she is.

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Sounds like a fun weekend all around! Can't wait to hear about the new baby!!! Hopefully you can get some more "Melissa" movies in sooner than later!

hughesfamily said...

I am seriously stalking your blog. Haha. So glad everything is still going okay and you got some easy time. It's so funny bc I only have ONE kid, which would probably seem like paradise to you! But, it sure feels like a lot of work to me. You are super mom!