Thursday, March 22, 2012

No surprise

I realize this post will NOT surprise some (as in my mom and family), partly because I have a history of getting injured in the lamest of ways.

So to add to that extensive list I'll add these feet:
Not sure if you can see but my right foot has a bruise mark/circle under my first three toes and it's a tad swollen. (don't you hate those injuries that feel horrible but don't have much to show for it? It's like you want your toes hanging off to prove your pain or something! hahaha)

Anyway, I got the boys off for school and at a hour that I usually feel great, I started feeling, well, not-so-great, and it seemed REALLY out of character. At literally 8 o'clock I thrilled the girls by telling them we could watch a movie this morning (they were so happy) while I curled up in a blanket downstairs and watched it with them. I still didn't feel right. Then I got the watering mouth, and well, we all know what that means, I had VERY LITTLE time to make it to the toilet before I puked.
So I jumped up and started to run (my only chance of making it on time) but I was caught in the blanket. I kept on running anyway and my feet got caught. Well, more specifically, my toes. I went to run and my first three toes folded under my foot before I stepped on them to run up the stairs. I was a baby and made a scene (not enough to get the girls vision unlocked from Belle though) but I am HAPPY to report, I MADE IT TO THE TOILET IN TIME!!!!!!! Success!!!!

But really, WHO DOES THAT?!?! Ugh, me. I've hobbled/limped around like a loser Monday/Tuesday and actually by Wednesday I was feeling quite a bit of relief. Apparently my first diagnosis of "I totally broke my toes" to "I sprained them" ended up being what? I lamely bruised them or something? Who knows, but it sure made driving and getting a house ready for a showing a little tricky.
Good thing the girls were entertained during the day though w/ the lizard
Those are Iris' hands feeding the lizard a worm that they spent 20 minutes digging up to find. Seriously people, if you want your kids entertained for hours and days, catch a lizard and tell them to catch bugs to feed it (which the lizard DOES eat). I'll even loan Camden out (for a small fee) to catch them for you!!!

1 comment:

McKenna said...

That story is super sad :( And I hate it when you don't have visual injury to match what you went through. Or when you get a huge bruise and you have no idea where it came from? That's how mine always goes down. I'm glad you made it to the toilet, though. I can't think of anything worse than having to clean up your own vomit. Gahhhh...that's the worst!