Monday, March 12, 2012

Family Love

Sunday morning love..........it was ever-abounding yesterday.

I was in the computer room getting things ready for church on a chair and Brooks was in the kitchen by the dining room......when we HEARD the conversation from the dining room.
It went something like, "I don't want you sitting by me." "I want to." "I don't want you to." or something like that. Then I heard Aleeya ask "Why?" And Emerson told her,
"BECAUSE I HATE YOU!"
(words from the song "Love at Home" came to mind at this point)

Before I could say anything Brooks got there, talked about never using that word and sent Emerson to his bedroom until he could come up w/ 5 things to say to Aleeya that he LOVES about her.

Aleeya couldn't WAIT for him to get back!!!!!
So I decided just to stay on my chair there and try to act invisible while I documented the whole thing. Emerson came back in and said he was ready to tell Aleeya the 5 things (her face in priceless in all these pictures. She just looooooooooved hearing what someone loves about her!)

#1- I love when you go on adventures with me.
(good, I thought, he's got this, but then he stopped and thought and couldn't think of the next one forever)
#2- I love it when you let me "oompa" you
(which I wasn't going to let slide because "oompa-ing" is when they stand in front and push back their bum to knock you over. But Aleeya giggled like she LOVED that compliment so I let him go on.)
#3- I love it when you stay away from me
HOLD ON EMERSON! That won't work, try again.
#3- I love it when you sit by the fire with me and Camden
(giggles from the couch)
#4- I love it when you don't sit by me
Sorry buddy, NOT going to fly....isn't that what GOT him in this situation to BEGIN WITH?!?!
#4- I love it when I pick you up and spin
#5- I love it when you don't go pee
(which I ALMOST made him try again, but that is SORT of a compliment because if she DOES go pee then she goes in the "baby's" room in the toddler bed and doesn't get to sleep in the room w/ her brothers. And since she loved that one, I'm assuming she took it as, "He likes it when I get to sleep in the same room as him." BABY STEPS PEOPLE!!!!)

Then from the other room Brooks said, and give each other a BIG HUG!!!!-
(which just Aleeya did, while Emerson's hands stayed in his pockets) So once again we parents intervened and told him HE had to give HER a big hug.

Which as you can see, she seemed to enjoy more then anything.
Yes, I feel the love around here!

3 comments:

Miles said...

Wow. The story of my life. Dustin makes M write a paragraph about whichever brother she told she hated. And, just like Aleeya, they beam when she reads it to him. Your pictures of the whole thing are priceless!

hughesfamily said...

She makes me smile. Love the huge grins.

Garnerfam said...

This story is priceless! I love it. So cute!