It's official. This girl with the crazy bedhead is officially UN-potty-trained.
She's a piece of work this girl, and is now wearing diapers again. I started in August or September and potty trained. It was slow at first and it was hard to find her "price" as to what motivated her, since NOTHING worked with her like it did my boys. But we found it, (trust me, we tried EVERY creative reward AND punishment in the book!) and she no longer would stand up at the potty, holding her belly button and "pee" out of it like her brothers. Infact, she would go three weeks w/o an accident. Then there would be a few days that she would look at me and just matter-of-a-fact say, "pee-pee" and it would start coming down her leg......as if she COMMANDED it to come out then just to get me.
She's a piece of work this girl, and is now wearing diapers again. I started in August or September and potty trained. It was slow at first and it was hard to find her "price" as to what motivated her, since NOTHING worked with her like it did my boys. But we found it, (trust me, we tried EVERY creative reward AND punishment in the book!) and she no longer would stand up at the potty, holding her belly button and "pee" out of it like her brothers. Infact, she would go three weeks w/o an accident. Then there would be a few days that she would look at me and just matter-of-a-fact say, "pee-pee" and it would start coming down her leg......as if she COMMANDED it to come out then just to get me.One HUGE philosophy I've always had with potty training is that you do it with the PARENT is 100% committed. And I was, by-gone. It was me vs. her and I was going to win.
Well, you can see how far that got me. In December I just decided, since you would never know when Aleeya would just pee out of spite to me (like when I wouldn't get her something at the store), that it wasn't worth saving the money (since I haven't spent more then $2 on a pack of diapers in over 7 months) on the diapers and always carrying extra clothing with me.
So I UN-potty-trained her. I felt like I was 100 pounds lighter. My errands were less stressful and I was actually walking around the store with my five kids smiling when she would say "pee-pee" to which I would respond, "Just go in your diaper!"
Granted, I'll probably reap the consequences from it later, but taking that out of my life right now feels great. I'm thinking if I send her to kindergarten the first day with a diaper, that she'll just rip it off and potty train herself. Right? It could happen.
So as you can see, both she and I are a lot happier now. :) (Isn't she a doll face?)

(Yes, she IS standing on our table)
Few other things that have gone on since last I blogged:
-Bronson won his 1st grade class spelling bee (over the 125 words we studied ALL Christmas break), went on to the 1st grade finals and got out on the word "know". Darn silent "k".
-Brooks' brother, Bronson visited us for 2 days on his way home from Peru vacationing and so kindly shared the flu with me and just today I'm starting to feel better!
-I'm in a new Healthy Habits competition right now with $120 buck-a-roos on the line which is DEFINITELY motivating me.
-At a local grocery store last week I got 50 boxes of Special K, 50 boxes of Special K bars and 12 bottles of V8 Fusion for 7 dollars over the course of a week. Yes, our food storage is WELL stocked up now.
Here's my sweet Iris with a sweet baby, Olivia at a game night at our house. They just LOVED sitting by each other

And at that SAME game night, Emerson came out wearing his Scooby Doo costume.....like this. Then when we told him to take it off and go get PJs and he DID. Boy, did he ever. He got those one with the feet in them that zip up. He got it all on and tried to zip it up but couldn't for some reason. So he came out in front of everyone to get help from me or Brooks. Well, that "some reason" might have something to do with the fact he had taken off his underwear........need I go into details.

6 comments:
congrats on bronson winning the spelling bee!
nice savings and stock up!
How do you get such great deals? You really have to share this secret! And I feel for you with the potty-training thing. Who said girls were easier than boys? They lie!
Yeah...I am still not there with Novan. I thought about un-potty training him but I am terrified he would actually love that. Sounds like Aleeya is quite a pill =)
Potty training was the bane of my existence. We tried everything for an ENTIRE YEAR...and then two weeks ago, The Princess just decided, "Okay, I'm potty trained now."
Kids.
At least Special K has whole grains in it - and you have plenty on hand for our competition! :)
Except, I thought we were gonna earn MORE $$$ than $120 - it was $180 'til your parents dropped out, so now it's $150, right?
P.S. What a little STINKER to pee her pants when you said, "No" to something! Most girls just CRY & WHINE & bargain & YELL & throw their bodies on the ground when they don't get what they want! ;)
Now watch - she'll just do it on her own!
Post a Comment